Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 29er Fork deals
  • Clobber
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any good deals on 29er forks?

qr15 or maxle…

Clobber
    Free Member

Nothing….? 😥

cynic-al
    Free Member

I guess not.

You have done the obvious work yourself?

Clobber
    Free Member

Well I think so… Crc only have some old manitous on offer, merlin don’t do 29ers, charlie only has some qr manitous can’t seem to find a german site with a good 29er deal, actionsports.de etc….

cynic-al
    Free Member

When I’ve looked previously for any 29er stuff, there’s never been any bargains, even ebay prices made my eyes water.

TooTall
    Free Member

On One?

takisawa2

Second hand ?

mieszko
    Free Member

Depends how cheap is cheap. Jensonusa and ebay.com have some cheap Bombers 44’s with 15mm axle. They are the newer 2010 models with open bath damping. My friend has that fork but for 26″ wheels. It’s a good simple fork, a bit heavy but super smooth, worked flawlessly for the last 2 years. I’ve seen some cheap 29er Fox forks in a US online bike shop but can’t remember which one it was.

There is also this on sale:
    http://www.sklep.gregorio.pl/product/index/productId/969

It’s within EU so no extra customs charge etc, and with stronger £ vs PLN it would work out at around £240 +postage to UK.

Also good thing about those 44’s the 2011 can be set at 100-120-140 by swapping spacers. The 2010 AFAIK can be set 100-120 or 120-140 depending on the version you bought.
    Cheapest 44 TST2 29 qr15 I could find one in UK was 299 at Allterraincycles.

fenred
    Free Member

Errr Merlin do 29er forks, I bought a set of Reba’s at Xmas time.

Check their site, they currently have reba’s and sid’s…Not sure on specs for maxle etc, not sure why you need all that tbh, but have a look, might be something that suits…
    HTH

singlespeedstu

cynic-al – Member

When I’ve looked previously for any 29er stuff, there’s never been any bargains, even ebay prices made my eyes water.

I hear you’re so scotchish that even a two for one in the 50p shop makes your eyes water. 😉

Clobber
    Free Member

Thank you for your help! I’ll be getting those bombers from all terrain cycles!

MrTall
    Free Member

I got some 120mm Reba Maxle’s from 29squadron for £375 posted which was as good as i could find.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

I’ve had the 29 44’s – good forks but a little heavy.

gavt0333
    Free Member

I had a good look for some a few weeks ago and came to the conclusion I was going to have to pay big money so I went for 9mm QR instead on Hope 2 hubs. Should be pretty stiff though have exams and haven’t had a chance to try it out yet!

cynic-al
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    I hear you’re so scotchish that even a two for one in the 50p shop makes your eyes water.

I’m Oirish living in Scotchshire, the only way it could be worse is if there was some Yorkshire in me, which, thank ****, there isn’t.

belugabob
    Free Member

Manitou tower pro

Fitted these to my Trek Marlin 29er, as did a riding buddy, and we love them.

GaryLake
    Free Member

The axle is your problem, plenty of 9mm 29er bargains around…

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

On-One

stevemorg2

The Manitou Tower forks are great – I’ve never been a fan of Manitiou but am really pleased with them on my Surly KM

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘29er Fork deals’ is closed to new replies.