Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • 27.2 droppers!!?
  • cookci
    Free Member

Struggling to find a semi decent 27.2 dropper

Ive found the new tmars 471l or the redneck sport but im not sure they will be ok

I think im going to need external routing or no remote

Any suggestions?

jam-bo

Ks lev

docrobster
    Free Member

Xfusion Hilo?mine works fine

cookci
    Free Member

Struggling to find anyone with the ks lev 27.2 external in stock.

Does the hilo allow use without the remote?

docrobster
    Free Member

Yes I think I’ve got the under the seat lever unused in the shed. Why wouldn’t you run a remote though?

cookci
    Free Member

Not sure about the cabling tbh yet. There is no internal routing option so its a fallback in case i cant make it look tidy

Does it have built in suspension? The description from my lbs makes it sound like it has

nickdavies

Bike discount have all the ks posts in stock also last time I checked stif had options.

docrobster
    Free Member

No it’s just a straightforward cable operated dropper with air spring.
    Downsides- only 100mm drop, bit slow to get back to the top and sometimes needs two pushes on the lever. Original lever not great but loads of options there. I’m running a cannibalised LH shifter and it works great.
    I’ve run the cable through the front shifter cable routing under the top tube, small loop of cable behind the seat post causes no issues

bri-72

Ive just got a ks eten off amazon for £99. Only had one run but seems decent and a step up from the tmars on my other bike. Return a bit slower than reverb but fine. Obviously cant comment on longevity.

Ripperdipper

KS Eten here too. Had it a year – repaired once under warranty ( faulty air cartridge – think it may have been faulty from the off – works great now) . Has slight side to side play not noticeable when riding. Only downside is 100mm drop – would personally prefer 125 or 150 but if money is an issue then it’s a good shout.

dukeduvet

You could try the tranzx ones. 27.2 stealth or external for about £100 from here

Think they are same as brandx which are getting good reviews.

funn updown due soon or Lyne Contour link

All much the same design it seems

cookci
    Free Member

That tranx link seems odd as they say its 27.2 x400 but tranx dont seem to make anything longer than 27.2×330

Bri72 have you got the ks eten link for the exact one you purchased please?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Is lev and keep cable lubed

RoterStern
    Free Member

Also a LEV user here. Seems to be one of the best in 27.2 posts but not without its problems. The cable gets jammed a lot in crap weather and I have snapped the little kevlar band a few times inside the release mechanism. Changing air pressure means taking the post apart as there is no external air valve. Overall I’m reasonably happy with it and the warranty service has been very good (my lbs reckon a Reverb would last about a weekend with me).

sheeps

XFusion Halo here, came with a under seat lever and a remote cable. Fixed the seat lever so I can swap it between bikes.

jordie
    Free Member

I have a old Gravity Dropper for sale 27.2mm if interested.

bri-72

Here you go

KS ETEN height adjust seatpost 27.2mm 410mm.Seat B https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FS1PO60/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eksKyb3J5HF04

cookci
    Free Member

Pm what you want for the gravity and the condition? Thanks

cookci
    Free Member

Cheers bri

jordie
    Free Member

I can send you over some pictures if you want ?

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve had two Hilos in 27.2 (sold the first when I sold the frame it was for, then got another frame with 27.2 seat tube… 👿 )

Both have been good. The second I bought with a leak (one of the issues that can affect them) from the top seal. I bought a replacement seal kit, rebuilt it and it’s been fine since. It’s worth noting that you have to get the process of rebuilding it exactly right to avoid having a bouncy seatpost but once you know that, it’s pretty easy.

dukeduvet

I emailed about the tranzx being 400mm long. Bike Discount’s response was “contact the manufacturer”. It is 330mm long on the tranzx website and other places.

What about the KS Crux? Internal only but looks good if not alot of reviews.

cookci
    Free Member

Internal isnt an option. I looked down the tube and it just hits the bottom bracket with no gap. Im not drilling the frame.

Waiting pictures/pricing of the 2nd hand gravity

So the hilo looks more servicable than the lev and its lighter… it might be worth the extra £60 to me

jordie
    Free Member

Cookci can you send me a email you dont have a email in your profile, its in used condition but still works great. I am looking for £55 posted if you contact me I will send over some pictures.

konanige

Go with gravity dropper, mines been faultless in 5 years, you can fix it or service it yourself and all parts are easy to get hold of. It may be a bit agricultural but then its rare to see a broken down tractor!!

mikertroid
    Free Member

I have a Thomson 27.2 dropper which has been faultless in 12 months. Just about to fit a new cable to keep it all smooth.

cookci
    Free Member

Tbh i googled what the gravity looks like and not impressed so ordered a hilo.

Cheers everyone for the help:)

cookci
    Free Member

The hilo is installed however it doesnt return properly when the seat clamp is clamped.

I can get it to work if i lightly do up the clamp but i dont think it will hold.

Do people put more pressure into the post to counter this? Is the valve on the underneath of the post?

jimw
    Free Member

Try a bit of carbon paste? You should then be able to reduce the pressure. I have two HiLo’s and neither have had any problems adding a small amount of oil didn’t cure after prolonged use

cookci
    Free Member

Weirdly the more ive put the post down and up the stronger its become.

Maybe the oil just needed moving around.

Seems like a good post 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘27.2 droppers!!?’ is closed to new replies.