• This topic has 20 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 27 and i feel old…..
  • alpin
    Free Member

i think i peaked too early.

at the age of 17-21 i used to be out almost every weekend – friday to sunday – in the clubs around london. i'd be abusing myself with silly amounts of chemicals and staying up for 48 hours straight.

i used to love springing around the dancefloor off my tits looking at the birds whilst my mind was being twisted.

but, i was out on the weekend and i realised that i've not got the energy or desire to spend a night 'clubbing'.

i still look at the girls, but i feel it's in a pervy/not nice sort of way. i'm happier sitting on the edge watching the lads making fools of themselves dancing like peacocks trying to impress the opposite sex.

i'd rather a beer and a smoke than shoving white powder or off-white pills into or down my facial orrifices. i've not the stamia for it anymore. i can't get into the groove of the music unless it's something i really like.

am i old?

i used to live for the weekend and have 'lost' many over the years. i don't regret it as it was all great fun whilst we were at it. but, after this weekend i've realised those days are behind me. i yearn now for a pub with nice beer and quiet music; i nice walk in the countryside rather than the 'buzz' of a city.

hug
    Free Member

I know pretty much exactly what you mean,did the very same stuff ( the mud club @ Bagleys was a firm favorite)but I didn't start 'till i was 30 & stopped @ 40 I'm now forty-sodding-nine…how fecked-up do you suppose i feel ?
    Hang in there mate,its not over 'till they screw the lid down (tight)

TooTall
    Free Member

Some might call it 'growing up'.

darrell
    Free Member

went through the same thing when i turned 40. After years and years of partying and city life and many short term relationships i moved to Norway and now live in a little village at the end of fjord. The nearest bar and off-licence is 15 miles away. But i love it and couldnt imagine going back to my old life

willard

Is this supposed to make me feel even more old? I turned 36 this month and feel every year of my earlier stupidity every morning when I wake up.

If it wasn't the basketball or martial arts that have messed up my body, it was the paintballing or the wakeboarding. Mountain biking has been reasonably good to me. Only one serious crash (so far)

coffeeking
    Free Member

i'm happier sitting on the edge watching the lads making fools of themselves dancing like peacocks trying to impress the opposite sex.

I always thought that way myself, from the age of about 14.As said earlier, it's called growing up!

hora
    Free Member

I know blokes who 'settled down' before they were 22. I also know blokes who should really know better now.

alpin you've been there and done that. You'll still do it in the future, just not as much.

Same with anything that you do too much of. It becomes too routine. So you seek other stimuli.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I am SO grateful that I never knew anyone like you when I was growing up.

hora
    Free Member

Angela, me? oh 🙁

FoxyChick
    Free Member

No not you hora 🙄 …the drug fuelled idiot who is the OP!!

How's the sprog??? 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

To not get bored of the scene leads to a very poor path. The drugs dont work all the time and you can only feel faux love for complete strangers for a limited period of time.
    You still will do it every now and again but not every weekend
    I reached the point where I not only wanted to have a great weekend I also wated to recall some of it too. Those that carried on have not fared to well after decades of serious pill popping
    Yes growing up…wait till you have kids and the smokimg stops too 😈

hora
    Free Member

How's the sprog???

To say hes 10days old he is quite a kicker- strong in his legs etc. Hes also trying to push himself up bodily etc regularly (we stop him from doing this of course).

This is down to his Mum being very fit/healthy 😀

(Hijack over- apologises OP)

alpin. When we lived in NWLondon/Camden I regularly spent most weekends in Camden soaking up alcohol and having a laugh, moved to Manchester and realised my body just couldnt take that level of abuse anymore.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Pretty normal in your late twenties I would say. similar here, moved out to surrey with wifey, took up biking, nice pubs and walking the dog – just go large on your bike/not pills 😛

hora
    Free Member

Heres a sobering thought. You know the 'I used to be able to drink all night but now I have 3day hangovers'..

IMO – thats your body deteriorating and struggling to break down all the chemicals 😯

alpin
    Free Member

thank you Angela for your kind words. there is a thousand more just like me/i used to be; going out every weekend and having the best weekend of their lives thanks to chemicals.

Junkyard – Member

Yes growing up…wait till you have kids and the smokimg stops too

i've no plans to do either of those…. but i don't really want to grow up either.

i think it hit home when this bird i'd been watching dance came over. she asked why i wasn't dancing. "zu Alt" and "kein Bock mehr" was my response. i'm nowhere near as cool as i used to be. 10 years ago i'd have been all over it, but now…..

….. like i said, more of a perverts smile than a flirty one.

i even turned down a couple of nostrils full of speed. can't be doing with it. yet, i used to buy copious amounts of **** (like enough to go away for a long time) and consume it like candy.

i'm off for a relaxed bike ride…

Talkemada
    Free Member

at the age of 17-21 i used to be out almost every weekend – friday to sunday – in the clubs around london. i'd be abusing myself with silly amounts of chemicals and staying up for 48 hours straight.

You lightweight! I was doing that into my 30s! 😆

TBH, I didn't ingest anywhere near the amount of dangerous chemicals as many of my peers, and was always active and fit. I don't believe I've suffered any real long term effects of any drugs, although one or two of my friends never knew when to stop, and are suffering now.

Nothing wrong with jumping around to music and looking at pretty things. Just don't need to poison yourself on a regular basis.

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't had a good night out in bloody ages, as most of my mates have 'grown up'. 🙁

Talkemada
    Free Member

i'm nowhere near as cool as i used to be

You weren't then. You thought you were, but you weren't. It was just the drugs talking.

the drug fuelled idiot who is the OP!!

I think he's saying he's not such a drug-fuelled idiot any more. I think that's the point… 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

Most of us never planned to do this Alpin but it happens look at 40 somethings living like teenagers/20 somethings… are you in awe of them?
    Does living like a Rolling Stone when you are 60 look cool or just a bit sad? I never wanted to enfd up like the old farts I saw on the scene when I was younger and I have not.
    Show me the man who has not changed over 20 years and I will show you a man who has learned nothing

hora
    Free Member

I used to go out with great mates who always did Pills at the weekend. I danced my nuts off purely on having a great time with them. That was their thing and alcohol/having a laugh was mine 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

Hora, i like the way you capitalise the word pills.

hora
    Free Member

I only ever took em once. I double-dropped in the Brixton Academy 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘27 and i feel old…..’ is closed to new replies.