• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Del.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 27.5+ rim needed
  • Brainflex

Hi All, I’m struggling to find a rim to replace a cracked 45mm internal rim, Easton ARC45. Best I’ve found is a Race Face ARC40. Anyone know of anything closer to what I’m used to? oh and it needs to be a 28h rim.

If not, do I keep a 45mm rim on the front or is it better on the rear? Spesh Fuse hardtail running 27.5 x 3.0

Thanks

Hedgehopper

Until you said has to be 28H I was going to see if you were interested in a lightly used WTB i40 rim but it’s 32H and it may  be easier to sell as a pair.

Northwind

Not what you asked but I could do you an inexpensive 40mm wheelset with WTB KOM i40s on DT hubs?

45mm is tricky now! DT’s 40mm 551 comes in 28h, I haven’t used them but DT generally make great rims… I’d have got these instead of the koms but they were a lot more expensive at the time. But now all plus rims seem to be expensive. Might even be worth trying a cheap carbon?

sillyoldman

Think I have a pair of lightly used XM551s in the shed. Won’t get a chance to check until tomorrow evening though.

Let me know if interested and I’ll have a look.

nixie

40mm would be fine. I didn’t notice any difference when I swapped 45mm to 40mm (other than less weight), both used with 3″ tyres.

Since there is some plus users here anyone want a WTB bridger/ranger 3″ tyre set? Used but loads of tread left. They are too good to chuck but I don’t need them anymore. Free to anyone who wants to pay the postage.

borosilicate
    Free Member

I’ll take you up on that offer please @nixie . I’m gathering parts for the inevitable plus bike arrival in the fleet, I’m interested in the 40mm rims others have offered if you decide to pass them up.

FWIW Halo do a 45mm internal but 32h only alas.

Brainflex

Thanks for the pointers, other complication is that I am in New Zealand so postage becomes an issue to anything second hand. Appreciate the offers tho.

sillyoldman

No worries @Brainflex – postage would outweigh the cost savings a tad…

@Borosilicate
    – I’ll take a look tomorrow night and let you know. Do DMs still work on here??

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

@northwind – I could be interested in a wheelsets, looking for 27.5, but hubs that have QR adapters available?

nixie

@borosilicate have messaged you.

Brainflex

Well at least someone else got benefit of this thread! lol

Yay I helped people. :-)

GeForceJunky

I’m pretty sure I have a new pair of 32H 27.5″ Raceface ARC40 rims in the loft that I bought for ebike spares but have now switched to 29″, if anyone else needs some rims in the UK.

Del

I have a pair of 27.5+ wtb rims on elguapo (on-one) hubs, boost, HG, with wtb something 3.0s if anyone is interested. Only issue is the rear rim has at least one cracked nipple hole. Think the freewheel had a new set of bearings iirc. If there’s any interest I’ll dig them out and verify condition, spec and price. They were fine for dipping a toe and I upgraded to a set of newmen.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.