Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • 2019 Criterium du Dauphine
  • cinnamon_girl

Highlights are being shown daily on ITV4 at 7.00 pm, commentary by Ned Boulting and David Millar. Exciting finish last night!

avdave2

Thanks, hadn’t thought to check on coverage

cinnamon_girl

Not sure whether it’s been on telly before, purely by chance I noticed it in the listings. Froome’s riding, as is Adam Yates.

PS the Women’s Tour follows immediately afterwards.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slowoldman

CdF also on Eurosport.

Kryton57

PS the Women’s Tour follows immediately afterwards.

Tell me about it, im currently in a hotel the wrong side of henley to get to the office before the road closures.

Bloody Cyclists… 😉

cinnamon_girl

Tell me about it, im currently in a hotel the wrong side of henley to get to the office before the road closures.

Bad luck Kryton, guessing you didn’t see any of the race then?

Anyone know about these two wheels at the front motorbike thingies alongside the race? Look very appealing I must say.

kilo
    Kryton57

Bad luck Kryton, guessing you didn’t see any of the race then?

Just watching the Cyclopark highlights.  Not yet, its tomorrow it starts in Henley.  I should make it through town to get to the office in time to watch the start go past.

My claim to fame is Jnr on TV standing next to Marianne Voss when she was interviewed at the Waltham Abbey start some years ago.  That was the year our Club girls got to ride the route with Marienne – awesome.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Froome out, crashed during TT recon

lunge

Rumours of a broken leg and/or pelvis for Froome, if true there’s no way he’s riding Le Tour. What odds on Bernal winning it now?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Plenty of riders manning about the 7C cold weather and rain..

Bet Froomie is glad of going home.

SaxonRider

Report just in that Froome crashed on a recce this morning and is in a local hospital.

I hope he’s alright!

EDIT: Too late

anagallis_arvensis

Thats a shit, bet G is pleased!

kilo

Thats a shit, bet Quintana is pleased – ftfy.

nbt

Has Bernal recovered from the break that saw him out of the Giro? G to lead the tour team if Froome can’t race, unless he has an awful showing at the Tour De Suisse

lunge

Bernal seems to have recovered, I’d imagine that G will be the formal leader with Bernal waiting in the wings, much like G was last year. Unless of course Poels is thought to be next in line but he seems more of a domestique to me.

nbt

Bernal is being groomed to take over – check the official images from the kit launch for instance which show Bernal, Froome and Thomas

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Leg confirmed

weeksy

OOOFT. That’s a blow for Ineos. I think they’ll have a decent idea of who’s closest to peak out of G and Bernal, but i think G will get #1 jersey.

lunge

From Daniel Friebe

Brailsford says it’s ‘pretty clear’ Froome won’t ride the Tour. Has a suspected broken femur. Crash happened when he took hand off handlebars to clear nose on a fast section.

imnotverygood

Confirmed as a broken femur. Not good.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Thomas won’t stay on his bike 2 tours running though

tpbiker
    Free Member

How on earth does froome keep falling off in time trials before the event has even started? Second time he’s done it. If he’s only having a reccy of the course how come he’s pushing so hard as to fall off?

If he’s broken his leg he’ll not be riding for a long long time, and given he’s getting close to the end of his career that may be it as far as grand tours go.

Bunnyhop

Oooh not good. If it’s neck of femur, it may mean an operation and many months off the bike, not just weeks.

Geraint managed to stay on his bike last TdF. I think he can do it again.

Klunk
    Free Member

How on earth does froome keep falling off in time trials before the event has even started? Second time he’s done it. If he’s only having a reccy of the course how come he’s pushing so hard as to fall off?

froome soft peddling is probably faster than most amateurs balls out. Not a fan of Froome but you always want to see the best riders racing.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

He was clearing his nose on a fast downhill section and wind caught his wheel (deep section on the front no doubt). Not sure how you can avoid such an event by even soft pedalling on one of those TT bikes.

rOcKeTdOg

Could be career over for Froome, long rehab for that & he’s no youngster anymore

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if it was only his femur that was hurt. Brailsford’s comments suggest it’s pretty serious..

cycling news

Hope for a speedy recover.

butcher

…you always want to see the best riders racing

Absolutely. No matter what you think of the riders, you want to see the gladiators battle it out in the arena. TdF will be less of a race without him. Femur will be a significant amount of time off the bike so that could well be him until next year…

I’ve not seen G racing this year, is he in shape?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Contador did something similar trying to get an energy gel from his back pocket at the Tour in 2014 – when he crashed and broke his leg. He hit a pothole just as he had one hand on the bars. These things are just bad luck unfortunately.

scud
    Free Member

Vos is out of the womens tour after crash too…

Race leader Marianne Vos abandons Women’s Tour 2019 after high-speed crash

I wonder if Dumoulin will race the Tour now after he went home early from Giro? I like to see as many of the “big guns” line up as possible at the start of the Tour so bad news that Froome out, but it may make for more exciting race overall

Kryton57

On the subject of the Womens tour we were allowed out of the office to line the road outside and cheer the ladies.

Nice of one of the outriders to stop and have a chat to us, messages on car chalk Boards and Lizzie in the wheels.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Could be career over for Froome, long rehab for that & he’s no youngster anymore

Well he’s a new family, so could spend time playing with his kids and sit on a lounger by the pool.

Silver lining and all that.

🤷‍♂️

scud
    Free Member

Not the best start for Ineos, guessing Jim Ratcliffe (sp?) wants the odd result for his huge amounts of wonga, Bernal crashes before Giro and Froome before Tour, and a poor show from them in the classics, means they may be feeling a bit of pressure.

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve not seen G racing this year, is he in shape?

He’s leading the line at the Tour de Suisse next week, presumably with Bernal there as well. Looked basically strong but undercooked at Romandie – came third I think – but then he didn’t need to be in peak form there. You’ll get a better idea of where he is next week, this time last year he was winning the Dauphine, so if he’s in similar shape, you’d expect him to be in that sort of form in Switzerland. I’m guessing that Tim Kerrison has a pretty good idea of how to deliver him to the Tour startline in optimum shape.

It’s a shame Froome’s out – would have been interesting to see what happened with him and G both going for the win – but there you go.

anagallis_arvensis

Wasnt expecting todays result!!!

slowoldman

I don’t think the winner was either.

Klunk
    Free Member

we saw from paris-roubaix the lad puts out some serious wattage.

SaxonRider

I’d be surprised if it was only his femur that was hurt. Brailsford’s comments suggest it’s pretty serious..

That’s what I was thinking as well. I know it sounds pathetic and all “look at me-ish”, but for some reason, Froome’s accident is really bothering me. I think having crashed the way I did, and the fact that I really like Froome, makes it feel close to home.

anagallis_arvensis

Elbow and ribs too apparently, poor ****, I like him nice guy off the bike but an animal of a racer on it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘2019 Criterium du Dauphine’ is closed to new replies.