Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 2019 Canyon Strive
  • rothdogg
    Free Member

New Canyon Strive can be found here. https://mtbx.dk/canyon-strive.html

richardthird

Was right about 29 longish travel, but hoped they would ditch that shapeshifter nonsense.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bit half-hearted on the geo.

Will make a nice MOR bike for a lot of people though I’m sure.

alpin
    Free Member

Pretty sure the GF and I saw them doing that photo shoot on DH Men just after the ews in Finale…

Ines gave the GF a few tips on which lines to take. Despite both being German they were talking English… 😁

alpin
    Free Member

Oh, and the Shapeshifter idea works. I appreciate it on my “old” Strive.

barbs
    Free Member

Looks like the info has gone now, what were the headlines?

chakaping
    Free Member

I believe it was something like 150mm rear travel, 66 degree HA, 435mm stays and about 450mm reach on medium, 470 on large.

justinbieber

Yeah – they must have broken embargo, otherwise there’d be a story on the front page. Not sure when the official launch date is.

alpin
    Free Member

The new year has barely begun and Canyon is already in full swing with the 2019 season announcing the latest generation of their enduro bike – Canyon Strive.

Strive is the German direct sale brand’s most successful and innovative mountain bike – and the latest edition, with a totally revised Shapeshifter system, marks a major step forward in development. A full-suspension, full-carbon 29’s built for the world’s toughest enduro stages and the most demanding local tracks. This bike delivers maximum efficiency and top performance in the most difficult conditions.

When using gas dampers, the Shapeshifter system allows the rider to adjust Stretch geometry between the “pedal” and “shred” settings while driving, using only a knob mounted on the handlebar. In 2019, the Strives Shapeshifter system has been further developed and refined in close collaboration with experts from Fox, who have resulted in great visual and functional improvements.

But that’s not all: Strive now also runs on 29 ”wheels – a new approach chosen after months of testing with prof riders Ines Thoma and Dimitri Tordo, both competing at Strive for Canyon Factory Enduro Team, under the leadership of team leader and earlier DH world champion Fabien Barel.

“For some time there has been a clear trend with 29” wheels in Enduro driving – but we were not only interested in blindly following this trend “says Daniel Oster, Canyons Category Manager for Gravity bikes. “Trends do not win cycling – intensive tests and development do. We know that 2019 Strive with the new Shapeshifter will be one of the fastest Enduro bikes on the market: it was our overall goal when we developed the bike. And the much more intuitive geometry adjustment system is a big plus for all riders, not just the professionals. ”

2019 Strive has 150 mm. walking in DH mode. In XC mode, this is reduced to 135 mm. and crown tube angle and saddle angle are both increased by 1.5 degrees. These changes make the suspension more rigid, resulting in less movement in the suspension while allowing the damper to operate at full efficiency without the need to adjust it directly.

In front, the bike comes with a sturdy 36 mm. Fork legs with 160 mm. walking (on CF models) or 170 mm. (on CFR models). Additional key factors and features: full-carbon frame (about 2,700 g on CF models and 2,400 g on CFR models in size M, without damper), Boost standard both front and rear, through axles, ratchet and chain rod protection, drop post on all models as well as internal cable routing.

Strive comes in four frame sizes, S, M, L and XL, for riders from 1.58 m to 2 m in height. There are six models, starting with Strive CF 5.0 for 23.599 DKK, and the series is completed by the top model Strive CFR 9.0 Ltd. To 55.199 DKK. All 2019 Strive models come on sale from today at http://www.canyon.com.

keefmac

Details and pics now up on Pinkbike

Linky

tetrode
    Free Member

It’s also up on Canyon’s website too. Looks like UK prices are £2699 for the lowest model up to £6349 for the highest.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mtb/strive/

rickon
    Free Member

I believe it was something like 150mm rear travel, 66 degree HA, 435mm stays and about 450mm reach on medium, 470 on large.

It’s 440mm reach on a medium. But all else correct.

My concern is the 660mm ETT on a large, with a 73 degree seat angle. Which I’m sure is because of the silly shapeshifter.

I’d be forced to ride a medium, but 440mm is far too short for my preference at 180cm.

Seems like not a very smart geometry design.

russyh
    Free Member

Lost interest when I read the 29 bit. Rest of it is a bit underwhelming also. I’m probably the only person that thinks it, but I find Canyon bikes incredibly boring.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Dull & Uninspiring.

Basically, it’s a sh*tter version of the Ransom.

mashr

Is it not also a half price version of the Ransom? They could be onto something

fingerbang
    Free Member

I can’t believe pinkbikers are getting into a froth about 66 Deg ha. Maybe I’m old skool but that’s slack AF for a 29er isn’t it? Coming from a rider with 26 we 66 ha spitfire.
    In the words of Nigel tufnel “none more
    Slack’

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I can’t believe pinkbikers are getting into a froth about 66 Deg ha. Maybe I’m old skool but that’s slack AF for a 29er isn’t it?

3 years ago, maybe. My 130mm 29er trail bike is slacker than that. Most outright ‘enduro’ bikes are sub 65 these days.

I think we’ve reached the point where HA is HA, regardless of wheelsize. Having been on 29ers for a few years now, something a bit steeper than a smaller wheeled bike, still feels steeper. The wheelsize makes bugger all difference in that respect.

Poopscoop

Just looks a bit wrong with the shock upside down. I’m picky with aesthetics.lol

ayjaydoubleyou

3 years ago, maybe. My 130mm 29er trail bike is slacker than that. Most outright ‘enduro’ bikes are sub 65 these days.

I think we’ve reached the point where HA is HA, regardless of wheelsize. Having been on 29ers for a few years now, something a bit steeper than a smaller wheeled bike, still feels steeper. The wheelsize makes bugger all difference in that respect.

In theory, the trail measurement (which will affect the cornering feel) requires a 1 degree steeper HA on a 29er. Fork offset plays with this too though, and that’s beyond my mental ability.

However the “going down something steep and want your contact patch out in front of you” the opposite applies – with the same A-C fork the 29er with the same angle will be more under you.

richardthird

I guess i was kinda hoping it to be a 29 Spectral. But with shapeshitter, carbon rear, less travel and more pounds (both types), its not, and seems like a missed opportunity.

Radon Slide Trail seems miles better, but only 2 spec options sadly.

rickon
    Free Member

Forget about the HA, that SA is way back, physically and in the past 😂🤣

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Lost interest when I read the 29 bit. Rest of it is a bit underwhelming also. I’m probably the only person that thinks it, but I find Canyon bikes incredibly boring.

Me too. Shapeshifter is a waste of time – added complexity and weight for few rewards. Just make the seat angle steeper and the head angle slacker in the first place FFS.

I’ve never understood why people think steeper head angles are better for riding less technical stuff. My Mega comes in at 64 degrees, yet I never wish for steeper geometry when I’m on flatter or twistier terrain – I just use a bit more body movement.

JP

rOcKeTdOg

does it look like a kid designed it using a rule for a straight edge to anyone else?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘2019 Canyon Strive’ is closed to new replies.