Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2014 Whyte G150. Any good?
  • chris5
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a 2014 Whyte G150. Use Gisburn as my main trail centre. Sure it will be great down hill but as an all round bike to use for a 3 hour trail ride, will it be to heavy to drag uphill. Anyone got one? How do you rate it?
    Thanks in advance.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I recently bought an ex-demo 2014 G150 S (lower model) as a massive departure from my usual XC type bikes (I mostly ride an On-One Whippet weighing about 24lbs maybe less). The bike is not far from 32lbs but I have found it surprisingly easy to ride up, down, all around. The weight is nothing like the issue I thought it would be and I think the bike climbs really well considering it’s weight and 150mm travel.

On my base model there is plenty of scope to lose some weight without compromising performance but I’m not in a massive hurry to change anything as the bike is very useable as is. I’m really liking the bike and can’t wait to get it out to Spain in a month or so.

chris5
    Free Member

That interesting as it says 30lb on website. Maybe that’s for a small size frame.
    Thanks for the reply.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Mine’s a medium and I weighed it with a set of pedals fitted using cheap luggage scales that are unlikely to be accurate to the gram.

slordy
    Free Member

I bought a g150 works in november,yeah it may not be the lightest bike around but it climbs fine.I also ride at gisburn a lot and up the lakes and think its better up hill than my previous bike a Lapierre zesty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2014 Whyte G150. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.