Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • 2011 UK 29er's
  • StuMcGroo
    Free Member

Rorschach – But you do get lots of deore stuff on the anthem for your £2950 tho. Bargain .

is it? look here at giants own web page on the anthem 29er, the features on the right contradict the spec on the left, which is correct? personally i don’t think either is good value, i priced up a niner jet 9 self-build on another thread at £2830!

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

cheers_drive – so I’ll have to make do with my rigid 29er for now.

i recently built a rigid 29er on a fairly tight budget, with a view to getting an anthem 29er (when i thought they’d be about £2200), at first i was sceptical about it, especially the rigid forks, but i’m absolutely loving it and been wondering whether i’d bother going the fs route, though admittedly i’m only doing xc stuff with nothing too gnarly. 🙂

PeteG55
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    Does that box say ferrari?

Would appear so. Brand dilution anyone
    Ferrari Bikes

Some of them 29’ers look almost normal. Kind of curious to try one. Like the look of the Santa Cruz Tallboy.

Rorschach
    Free Member

The picture is the aussy/elsewhere spec…the uk spec is deore hubs,brakes and slx stuff.Its about the same spec as halfway between a anthem x4 and x3 which are £1650 and £2150 respectively.So it “should” be about £1900 by my reckoning.Was going to pre-order one at the giant uk dealer launch,am getting a salsa selma ti and niner forks to cheer myself up instead.

ton

got my coffers stashed for either a pace 853, a soul or if it happens a nicolai 29r.
    the 1st one to go on the market will get the dosh………. 8)

grantway
    Free Member

Whats the 29 inch wheel like for turning on twisty single track??

TooTall
    Free Member

Whats the 29 inch wheel like for turning on twisty single track??

I’m shocked you even need to ask. Truly awful – like a massive cartwheel made of wood with an iron rim.

Sorry – truly? Like a wheel – just like a wheel.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Something for the weekend sir..

uplink
    Free Member

I reckon I’ll get an Anthem

I’d love a Turner Sultan but I reckon it’ll cost £4K to build, I’d normally have plenty of bits to put on a new frame but going for a big wheeled bike means new forks & wheels at least so £3k for the rolling chassis

Rorschach
    Free Member

“Whats the 29 inch wheel like for turning on twisty single track??”
    Thats the whole point of having big wheels….you don’t bother turning and the roll over all the bumpy bits inbetween.

paul78
    Free Member

No one mentioned the new Salsa Spearfish yet ??

Sub $1000 frame so should build up reasonable on price… gonna be a couple of months off yet but looks great…

http://www.salsacycles.com/culture/salsa_spearfish_introduction/

paul78
    Free Member

No one mentioned the new Salsa Spearfish yet ??

Sub $1000 frame so should build up reasonable on price… gonna be a couple of months off yet but looks great…

http://www.salsacycles.com/culture/salsa_spearfish_introduction/

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘2011 UK 29er's’ is closed to new replies.