• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2011 specialized camber fsr elite
  • sambalaws
    Free Member

Any one have any experience of these bikes? I was after a stumpy but feel the extra travel is more than ill probably need.

I do mainly single track style stuff with technical descents, but like to climb aswell. Nothing to extreme downhill wise, no jumps etc .

These bikes up to the job or am I better saving for the stumpy.

seavers
    Free Member

I have only stumpy experience, 2010 Elite model. Was an ace bike. Really depends on what you ride and if you think at some point you might want more from your bike.

Bit of extra travel will help you take bigger stuff faster but if that isn’t your thing and cash is an issue go Camber. It’s a sorted bike.

Is it up to the job? Yes!

Would I take a 120mm bike to Morzine again. No.

sambalaws
    Free Member

The hardest ride I do is probably afan, whites level being the chosen trail. I’m coming up from a hardtail and won’t be paying through the teeth for the bike

NormalMan

If the price is right I’d say go for it!

I ride a ’12 camber expert and my fav riding is singletrack, etc and it’s spot on.

Northwind

I didn’t get on with mine at all tbh (2011 Pro). Just all seemed to fall apart when I pointed it downward, so front-endy. Divey F120 probably didnt help. YMMV of course, loads of people like it but I didn’t think it pedalled well enough to be a great XC bike, or descended well enough to be a good trail bike. Which was a shame as it was very pretty 🙂

NormalMan

Well that’s both ends of the spectrum covered 😉

Any chance of a test ride OP? Best way to tell.

Although to keep the contary opinions flowing, I don’t like the look of mine! It’s the red / white colour scheme. Much prefered the green / black of the elite but I could get the expert (which had bigger spec sheet and m5 version frame) for only £100 more so thought I’d live with the colour!

LMT
    Free Member

Another 2012 Expert here and tbh its awesome, but the expert has the tapered headtube and other bits that make it that bit better than the other models. I did demo a lower spec model but went for the expert in the end, point it upwards and climbs nicely and down well was immense at GT a couple of weeks back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2011 specialized camber fsr elite’ is closed to new replies.