Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2010ish Reba Team Service (Edit: Reba Race)
  • Wozza
    Free Member

It says 2006 but is this essentially what I need to service my Dual Air Reba Teams?

2005-2006 Pike Reba, 2006 Revelation Dual Air Service Guide
    English
    11 Pages
    1.66mb
    Released Rev A

From Here

rondo101
    Free Member

Latest WMB has a guide.

Otherwise, I’m sure Peter Poddy will be along shortly to point you in the direction of his guide.

BoardinBob

There’s an updated version for the 2010 version. Off the top of my head the air spring assembly is slightly different.

http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/rockshox/dealers/TM_MY10.pdf

As you’ve got the team forks, you should have the blackbox damper so pay attention to the specific oil volumes which differ from the other Rebas.

Wozza
    Free Member

Sorry, I just checked, they’re Reba Race, they’re motion control not Blackbox… They look like this…

BoardinBob

Same guides apply, just different oil amounts

Wozza
    Free Member

Cheers

Wozza
    Free Member

Bugger! The instructions say I need 15w and 5w, I have 15w and 7.5w… can I just use that instead?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No you can’t or it will explode in a ball of flames and a child’s face will be bitten by a rabid Baby Robin possessed with the spirit of Mrs Chimbong.

I don’t know if the damping will still work propply as the little tiny holes and circuit is designed for 5wt probbly but give it a go spose it can’t hurt. You might end up with a slow-acting fork so it could ruin how it works but I doubt it’ll damage it.

Pukka forks them; I’ve just bought a s/h pair in great condition, and they definitely feel better than my 2008 Rebas but I dunno that could just be psychological.

If you get the positive/negative air balance just right, they are fantastic forks, but it’s a bit fiddly to get sussed, and takes a bit of trial and error.

And the PoddyGuide™ is loads better than the official one. 🙂

Wozza
    Free Member

I’ve made sure there’s no kids faces nearby and i’m willing to take the risk with my own.

Back on topic… I guess that’s what my question is, will the 7.5w have a detrimental effect on it? The problem with them is the rebound circuit doesn’t feel all that good, it’s gone from buttery smooth to my arms getting a bit tired on the rocky stuff.

Poddy? Can you answer if it’ll be a problem or is the difference negligible?

Yeah the dual air is a bit of bugger to set and it’s all down to personal choice, I started out with both chambers the same and worked from there, think I have a bit more in one than the other but it’s been a while since I’ve messed with it.

Edit: I think I have to poddy guide from when I changed them from 100mm to 115mm, i’ll fish that out. I’ll email him.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2010ish Reba Team Service (Edit: Reba Race)’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM