Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 2007 Reba lockout/damper issues
  • lovewookie

Hi

I have a set of Reba world cups from 2007 and am having a spot of bother with the lockout, wondered what the forums experience is.

A couple of months ago the lockout stopped working, and I noticed that I was only getting about 50mm travel from the fork. Cue a few google searches, a download of the manual and purchase of a o ring service kit for the damper.

Service done, everything filled up to where it should be and the fork worked great, got full travel and the lockout was good.

So a couple of months on and the lockout has stopped working again. also only getting about 70mm travel.

This time I’d taken special care not to tip the bike upside down as I know that can cause problems.(although I did bung it in the car so that may have done it…)

I think it’ll be another strip and rebuild job to get it working again. I’ve had a few Reba’s in the past but never had as much of a problem with the damper, is this something I’ll just have to live with or is there something I can do to help prevent it happening so often, maybe overfill the damper by 10ml or something like that?

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

coatesy
    Free Member

When we were having this problem regularly with brand new RS forks, Fishers were handing us new damper cartridges, the extra cost over just replacing the seal suggests that it may not just be an issue with the seal, but with the shaft it runs on.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Seal head rather than seals?

My 2006-7ish reba race had a crack in the seal head (white bit that goes just behind the c-clip at the bottom f the RH stanchion. But I would never have noticed this, tf tuned did and sent me back the cracked one when they replaced it (for free as part of overall service cost 😀 ), and even knowing what was wrong I still would have had tropuble telling where it was cracked.

lovewookie

OK good stuff, I’ll have a close inspection when I strip them at the weekend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘2007 Reba lockout/damper issues’ is closed to new replies.