Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 1st post alert! Flat pedals, what's good?
  • Capt_C_Cumber
    Free Member

but not silly money? i've got some ancient v8's but i'm told the newer generation of thinner flats are better?

genesis
    Free Member

Kona Wah-Wahs are rather good.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Wellgo Mag 1's here. Light and reliable.

alexpalacefan

+1 for both Wah Wahs and Mag 1s, the latter are V light and grippy. I've got 'em on two of my bikes!

Or, if the Wah Wahs are a bit pricey, I've found the Jack Shits good too.

Alex

grumm
    Free Member

Superstar Nano Tech flats are the best ones I've tried. Nice and grippy and a thin profile.

jedi

i always use azonic a frames but they are no longer made iirc

rOcKeTdOg

i have superstar nanos, very good

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Straitlines…

Awesome bits of kit… :mrgreen:

stompy

but not silly money?

Straitlines…

Fail

GW
    Free Member

Superstars are a really nice shape/size but I'd avoid if you are heavy/clumsy or just harsh on parts. (lets just say the axles are not the strongest 😳 )

sobriety
    Free Member

Wellgo B-54's if you can get them, as good as the a-frames i have on my other bikes.

rOcKeTdOg

those straitlines look lush, dare i ask how much they are?

el_creedo
    Free Member

Try Sanderson Mag PC424 (Magnesium), really nice – British, as light as Shimano DX's (also worth trying) and sub £50 (think mine were sub £40 at my fave LBS).

hugh_b
    Free Member

wellgo mg1 pedals. Can be found for about £30ish on ebay. Very good grip, last a long time too!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Ive not a problem with V-8's/12's, but just upgraded to Canfield Bros Crampons, and they are excellent, maybe a bit more than you'd want to spend though.
    Comparison with v12

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Straitlines where £98…

Sorry, but when yer bikes gonna cost more than £3k… Then how is less than a ton "silly money"???

GW
    Free Member

Teeto – when pedals are disposable items £100 is silly money whether the bike cost £3k or not

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Wahwahs. £50ish, 2 years old and haven't yet missed a beat.

(IMO) Way better than anything else I've tried, including A-frames – not tried Burgtec or Straitline, but then I'm not interested in paying that much for an essentially trashable/disposable item.

afrothunder88

+2 for Wellgo B54's. Stupidly grippy & cheap.

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Superstar Nano's are great, big platform, light, thin, grippy and super durable. Mine (with Titanium axles) have taken a LOT of knocks without blinking, more than can be said for the previous flats I've used.

NormalMan

Another nod of approval for Wellgo Mg1's from me.

GW
    Free Member

is a brake handy on that then?

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

is a brake handy on that then?

Oh yes. Very hilly round my way. Slippy-in-the-mud too, if just using leg braking.

brianbrian
    Free Member

Fat Spanner – Pukka Flat Pedal – These are great for the money… not available in many places though.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I went surfing for pedals after reading this and ended up spending £147 on a complete new transmission :o)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘1st post alert! Flat pedals, what's good?’ is closed to new replies.