Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 160mm Bike Test: Brit Boxed Burly Bikes
  • Ben_Haworth

What do you do with three bikes that are hard to pigeonhole? You ride them, a lot, and enjoy it.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

160mm Bike Test: Brit Boxed Burly Bikes

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

tmays
    Free Member

Airdrop Edit!

sharkattack

Airdrop Edit!

Only comes with child size wheels.

chrismac

You can group them all in the very heavy grouping

hooli

Nice review. I think my next bike may well be the Bird, there is talk of a carbon one at some point so it may even be that if the timing and figures work out.

I want to like the 161 but and I cant work out why I don’t. It’s almost seems a bit unfinished, the cables are an example. Perhaps a ride on one would change my mind.

the00
    Free Member

When the reviewer owns a RocketMax, it seems odd not to even mention it in the comparison.

chakaping
    Free Member

It would make an interesting comparison in terms of chassis feel, but I guess the reviewer was limited in space as it was – because there’s not as much on ride feel as I’d like to see anyway.

OK the Privateer wasn’t as stiff as feared, but how did the others stack up in that regard?

I’ve got the Bird so I kind-of know the answer on that one, but most of you don’t.

sharkattack

You can group them all in the very heavy grouping

Everything that has made modern mountain bikes better has also made them heavier. I wouldn’t go back to my 26lb Stumpjumper from 10 years ago with small wheels, flimsy tyres and crap geometry.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.