Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 125 Motorbike headlights…
  • winston
    Free Member

firestarter
    Free Member

They are a joke on the bigger bikes too lol I’ve done a mod on mine that bypasses the wiring loom and goes direct from battery to lights via a switch and an auto relay its much brighter now as for your question not sure but I’ll bet your not allowed 🙁

sambob
    Free Member

Can’t see why not.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Can’t see the question.

wombat

That seems like quite a lot, don’t most bikes have just 1 or 2? 😉

winston
    Free Member

smart phone delete post fail!

Question was basically why are 125 cc bike headlights total pants and could I use a couple of cree spotlights screwed on the side of my fairing/forks whatever for unlit road riding

you can buy running lights for motorbikes but they drain battery and 125’s don’t have that much extra power

orangetoaster
    Free Member

First step is to check bulb and if possible upgrade to halogen

druidh
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

I’d check the legalities of fitting what would effectively be spot lamps at headlamp height. Check out the construction and use regulations. In my day, most 125cc bikes had 6 Volt electrics. That would reduce your options for replacement bulbs.

Northwind

Lots of bikes have crap headlights unfortunately. You could bodge on extra lights but will not be road legal unless e-marked.

First thing to do is probably to upgrade the bulb to the best you can find for your fitment- think Osram Nightbreakers are probably still competitive but there might be better now.

There’s other options though… I used a (illegal) HID light conversion in my bike for ages. Definately a “ymmv” thing though- my bike had twin headlights and one side couldn’t be convinced to aim safely, so I removed the HID from that and went back to a Nightbreaker in that side. The other aimed well and was safe- passed 2 MOTs (though legally shouldn’t) and also various police inspections.

But equally you could spend a lot of money and just get something that works badly or even unsafely, so.

Lastly depending on your bike it might be practical to replace the whole unit with something better- if it’s an unfaired bike, that’d probably be straightforward assuming a 12V system.

orangetoaster
    Free Member

You can also use a helmet light. Run it off bike supply and wire so it only comes on with main beam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘125 Motorbike headlights…’ is closed to new replies.