Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 11spd XT chain life
  • nixie

Pretty sure there was a thread about this in the not too distant past however I can’t find it via crappy search or google foo.

What sort of chain life have people been seeing from 11spd XT? I stuck the chain checker on mine last night and it appears to be at 0.75% already (with the rollers looking quite baggy)! Strava tells me I’ve done 320miles on it! Was hoping it would last a little longer than that.

bigpins
    Free Member

I had one of those KMC DLC chains on and it needed swapping out along with a new block after 7 months! I do do 80/120 miles a week mind but my road bike used to do twice as much and only had a new chain once a year.

andyl
    Free Member

Might be worth checking your chainline in your largest sprockets.

1×11 will put more articulation in the chain which will cause more wear as the pins are twisting and load is not carried as evenly across the width.

I have a slightly click in the highest gear on my first ride. Only under power and no adjustment to the RD stops or shifter could tweak it out so going to shift the spacer on the DS to the NDS and see if that helps or put a shim behind the chainring if I need to fit a BB mount (no iscg tabs) chain guide.

nixie

Chain-line was definitely an issue early on. I spaced it after the first ride I think which improved things however might still not be far enough. Time to get the tools out and measure properly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘11spd XT chain life’ is closed to new replies.