Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 10sp chain recommendations please
  • grtdkad
    Free Member

I’m currently accumulating parts for my new build 1×10

Any recommendations for a strong, light 10 speed chain please?

kimbers

quite impressed with my clatks self lubricating ones, can be found cheap on ebay too

also here,
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clarks-CSL-H10CR-lubricating-speed-Derailleur/dp/B006VCX5N0
    reuseable joinig link too

twohats
    Free Member

XTR hollow pin.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

KMC SL

tang
    Free Member

wipperman connex, had it on 1×10 very strong and long lasting!

mboy
    Free Member

KMC for durability, but not the SL version. Just go for the normal X10.93. In a 1×10 setup you’ll stretch the chain a lot more than you would in a normal 3×10 setup, so for the sake of an extra 20 grammes it’s better to go for the heavier (and cheaper) version IMO.

nickdavies

I use the KMC ones from on-one for £15. A lot less than the Shimano ones and i’ve found it a lot more reliable!

Although I think the reason for constantly breaking the shimano ones was joining them without the poncy proper 10spd pins – but i’m really not sure why they bothered reinventing the wheel there when a powerlink works fine with everything else.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

KMC X10 L – just ordered one from here:

http://www.vanillabikes.com/cart

grtdkad
    Free Member

KMC ordered, ta!

Northwind

Another KMC X9-93. Wouldn’t use anything else tbh.

cazum
    Free Member

KMC X10.93!!! had the shimano chain that came with my bike snapped after a few rides, got this bad boy and looked over alot of reviews….. wouldn’t bother with the SL version as you want a strong chain… having holes in it doesn’t make it strong!

here is where i got mine if it helps nice and cheap!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370711227199?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 KMC. Not used anything else for the last five years.

Northwind

I had the SL version in 9-speed, it seemed perfectly strong in terms of pedalling etc but it was as weak as piss if it got twisted- ie, it chainsucked.

njee20
    Free Member

In a 1×10 setup you’ll stretch the chain a lot more than you would in a normal 3×10 setup

I disagree, I’ve found chains last longer on a single ring set up – better chainline and that. To that end I use X10SLs, wouldn’t bother on anything but a lightweight build though.

nickc

Weirdly I’ve gone back to Shimano, using a 105 spec 10 speed.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

wippermann connex black edition £45 but last three times as long as a normal chain (not tested and could be marketing bull but still a black chain with gold links looks fly as)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘10sp chain recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.