Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 100 mm forks on a stumpy??
  • somouk
    Free Member

I’ve just agreed to buy a Stumpjumper that is designed for 120-140 mm forks. I only have 100 mm forks for now, am I going to die?

I know its going to affect its ability to go downhill but what about general road/gravel trail riding?

Thanks,
    Mart

stumpyjon

Full suss or hardtail? My 2007 FS has TALAS forks on so can vary from 100 to 140mm. I usually leave it in 140mm setting and drop to 100mm for steep climbing. 120mm is probably optimum, personally I wouldn’t want 100mm all the time, but then I’m used to the bike with 140mm up front.

philpott
    Free Member

20mm will only change the head angle about half a degree. It will be fine, just less stable going downhill. It will probably end up with the geometry of a trail bike from 5-10 years ago.

sambob
    Free Member

It’ll be fine, I used a 100mm(normally dragged down a bit) Reba on my 120mm travel FSR XC and it was fine, if a little steep.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Bit cheeky this but here goes as it could be to your benefit.
    I’m just about to put a pair of 2008 Revelation Dual Air 426 130mm with remote lock out on the For Sale forum. I will change the oil before I sell them. Yours for £145 inc postage. email in profile.

somouk
    Free Member

I would be tempted by those forks if I hadn’t just bought the frame. I’ll just keep an eye on the classifieds and when the cash flow is better i’ll get some bigger forks 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘100 mm forks on a stumpy??’ is closed to new replies.