Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • £100 android phone challenge
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have a Samsung A3. Absolutely fine with size , camera etc. However the internal memory is 16gb and the phone is almost unusable now. What android phone for an upgrade, aroubd 100 quid please 😃

kentishman
    Free Member

Have you added a 64gb micro sd card to expand the memory.
    Or have I not understood the issue.

squirrelking
    Free Member

^exactly what I was thinking, either that or clear out old pics.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Cheers, yes i have expanded the capacity y . But the vast majority of apps, including Spotify( with just one or two downloads albums for travelling etc)  have to be stored on the phone itself. I have to erase stuff every day and it’s just a pain in the backside

munrobiker
    Free Member

Both my and my wife’s phones died during lockdown and we replaced them with Xiaomi ones which have turned out to be really good. She has a Note 8 which are about £130, I have a Note 9S which is nearer £200. I’d happily recommend the Note 8.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Luke, what’s the camera like on those? Splashproof?

fooman

I’ve bought a couple of these 64Gb Dual Sim Xperia X Brand New for £99.99 although not a flagship model most reviewers think it’s as well built and waterproof like it’s more expensive siblings. Nice compact size too.

cookeaa

Nice one!

I’ve needed a New phone for a while I’ve had a Sony Xperia compact F5321 for the last 3 years, the battery is on its arse now the storage is getting too full but I have liked the phone.
    That linked ebay job has a pretty similar spec sheet, a sensible price and is a similarly compact size…

Cheers fooman.

miketually
    Free Member

You can get a refurbished Pixel 2xl for around that price.

cookeaa

Too big.

duncancallum

Giffgaff do refurbed units worth a look?

nbt

Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact from CEX (webuy.com), £120 for a “B” grade unit. 2 year guarantee

grum
    Free Member

I have a xiaomi Mi 8 I got for £200 a year or two ago, I’m still very happy with it. I’d imagine you can get that pretty cheap by jow.

Remarkably good for the money. Dial SIMs so good for travelling, cheating on your wife and selling drugs too.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I had the same problem and am far from a tech wizard but a bit of Googling and the solution is out there . You can change settings on your phone to make the memory card be treated as the default storage medium .

dc1988

I have the same issue but there are a number of apps and software that can’t go on the memory card even if you set it as default. The operating system, any default apps etc.

I think you could get around it by partitioning your memory card but way beyond my capabilities

Cougar

The phrase you’re looking to google is “adoptable storage.” You’ll need a sufficiently advanced form of Android and for your handset to actually support it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘£100 android phone challenge’ is closed to new replies.