Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 10 Under the Ben, doing it? Done it before?
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Well aware of how the format for the race works but not been up to Fort William before and looking forward to it.
    How does the event parking/camping work there?
    How far away from the event centre and course can you park your car/caravan/motor home/tent etc?
    Haven’t decided on living arrangements yet!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Its a bit confusing, not described very well on the website, and changes slightly from year to year.

Basically nothing to worry about – last year we had the Motor home parked in the car parks round the back of Nevis range – approx 3 min walk to Registration/Cafe/Start-Finish

cynic-al
    Free Member

I camped at the big campsite and rode up.

Northwind

It’s a few years ago now but when I did it there was a campervan area near the start/finish but also lots of campers in the main nevis range carpark along with the cars etc. It’s a massive car park so no problem finding a space, though you can be a fair distance away

DickBarton

Think we’ll need be camping but suspect it’ll be chuffing freezing!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nah, there’s a good chance it will be above 0° by then. Both times I’ve done I broke into a sweat on the climbs.

DickBarton

Aye…so did I, but for the first time in a few years it is happening before midge season, so still every chance of snow above the highest point…that snow melt goes all over, so it’ll be cold. The camping will be likewise, but the social aspect should be great.

thegreatape
    Free Member

When is it this year? Think my wife’s doing it again, although it could be Tour de Ben Nevis, I can’t remember.

jonny-m
    Free Member

29th April

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘10 Under the Ben, doing it? Done it before?’ is closed to new replies.