Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 06 Revs (U Turn air) should compression damping on full be total lockout?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

My mate has some old coil U turn toras and his pretty much lockout when the dial is on full compression damping.Mine Revs however (air) still have an inch of movement when out of the saddle. Is this normal?
    thanks
    Bill

nuke

Have 2 sets of Revs and a set of Pikes…they all pretty much lockout when the dial is on full compression.

Do you have Poploc? Did notice with Poploc fitted on one of mine that if when Poploc is engaged it didn't pull the dial sufficiently round it would obviously not get full lockout.

kaiser
    Free Member

No poploc fitted

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm thinking you're lacking oil in the damper.

AFIK it's 180ml +/-5ml is the normal amount, you could always take them apart if you're confindent on your spannering abilites.

Google Revelation users manual for the year and you'll get the answers

kaiser
    Free Member

thanks steve ..you are probably right . I bought it 2nd hand and although visually A1 it had loads of stiction which I solved with an oil and seal change but I guess the rest of it needs attention

retro83
    Free Member

stupid question but you have tried adjusting the floodgate setting?

kaiser
    Free Member

Retro….yes but I believe that is unrelated as the floodgate only concerns when the lockout blows off (ooh errr)!!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Kaiser,

You're talking less than 30 minutes for a damper/compression unit oil change.

BTW check out motorbike shops for fork oil, it's way cheaper than MTB stuff, quality gear if £8 for a litre from the right sources 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

Retro….yes but I believe that is unrelated as the floodgate only concerns when the lockout blows off (ooh errr)!!

lol can't beat a good fart joke 😉

Ah right, just re-read your original post, you're right the floodgate allows the main circuit to blow-off 😉 and even when this is fully closed a small amount of movement is normal.

I have here 09 Revelations and a pair of Pikes. Both can move roughly an inch when the floodgate+LSC (blue dial) is closed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘06 Revs (U Turn air) should compression damping on full be total lockout?’ is closed to new replies.