Just arrived at Singletrack Towers and taken straight out to play in the snow, it’s the Grand Canyon:ON 9 from Canyon, in a size Medium. Let’s take a closer look.
The Grand Canyon:ON range consists of an alloy hardtail frame with 120mm travel fork. There’s a choice of five models with the new Shimano EP8, plus one with the Shimano Steps E8000 motor. This Grand Canyon ON 9 is the top of the range model, with a Fox 34 Rhythm Grip fork.
Grand Canyon ON with EP8 Options
- Grand Canyon:ON 9 – £3,399 for a small, £3,599 for other sizes
- Grand Canyon:ON 8 – £3,099 for a small, £3,299 for other sizes
- Grand Canyon:ON 8 WMN – £3,099 for a small, £3,299 for other sizes
- Grand Canyon:ON 7 – £2,899
- Grand Canyon:ON 7 WMN – £2,899
Grand Canyon ON frees you to explore the world by bike. Featuring the same proven drive systems as our top-tier E-MTBs it triples your pedaling power and gives you more from every ride.Canyon Bikes
Shimano’s proven EP 8 motor and 630 Wh battery triple your pedaling power and provide up to 100 Km of riding. No mountain too steep. No ride too long.Canyon Bikes
The aluminium frames have size-dependent wheel sizing (29-inch wheels on M-L bikes, 27.5-inch wheels on XS-S), an integrated battery with anti-theft design, and a USB-C charging jack on the top tube.
You get an own brand dropper post, eBike specific saddle (this has a raised rear to it, to help with seated climbing, plus plenty of padding for comfort on your sit bones), and the seat post clamp is integrated into the frame.
The bike is designed to be comfortable to ride, with a neat and simple cockpit and not too aggressive riding position.
Brakes are Shimano Deore, with a four-pot version on the front and two-pot version rear. Both ends get 203mm rotors, but the rear is an eBike specific EM300 Steps one.
Schwalbe Nobby Nics are front and rear – and as we’ve got a Medium bike, they’re 29er wheels.
We combined the all-around performance of our bestselling Grand Canyon hardtail with Shimano’s game-changing new EP8 motor. The result is our flagship Grand Canyon ON 9. It’s the perfect e-MTB for your next foray into nature.Canyon
Canyon Grand Canyon ON 9 Specification
- Fork FOX 34 Rhythm Grip, 120mm
- Wheels Front Iridium 30 | Shimano MT400 Rear Iridium 30 | Shimano MT510
- Tyres Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance, 29×2.6″
- Brakes Shimano Rear: Deore 2-piston, Shimano EM300 STEPS 203mm rotor, Front: Shimano Deore 4-piston, Shimano Tourney TX 203mm rotor
- Shifter Shimano Deore, 12-speed
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore XT, 12-speed
- Cassette Shimano Deore, 12-speed (10-51)
- Crank Shimano STEPS E-MTB crank arms
- Chainring Canyon:ON 34T
- Stem Canyon:ON Stem 35mm clamp diameter, 60mm length
- Bars Canyon:ON HB0056 Aluminium Riser bar, 760mm width, 35mm clamp diameter, 20mm rise
- Grips Canyon Lock-On Grips
- Saddle Canyon SD:ON
- Seatpost Iridium Dropper Post
- Claimed Weight 23.15kg (size Medium)
We’ve got this bike in for an adventure rather than a full test, so look out for that coming soon and drop us a line in the comments if you’ve got any questions. We’re off out to play in the snow again – eBikes and snow are an incredibly fun combination, we highly recommend you try it!