The Cotopaxi Allpa 35 is a 35 litre pack designed to be used as cabin baggage. Since it arrived with me I’ve been trapped on the ground, but having finally got airborne I can now review it as it’s intended to be used.
Three things I’d change
- I’m not convinced by the web strap zip security – I think they’re more of a faff than a help.
- An elasticated water bottle pocket on the outside would be really handy.
- It’s about £50 more than similar sized ethical luggage, though it does have a lot of features.
Three things I loved
- Think about how you pack and you can fit a lot in without unpacking at every security check.
- It’s pretty comfortable to carry – the backpack straps aren’t an afterthought.
- Clamshell suitcase convenience in a carry on sized pack.
My test sample is made in the distinctive Cotopaxi multicoloured ‘Del Dia’ style, from remnants and offcuts of fabric. Each piece is then chosen to fit the pattern by the person sewing the bag, reducing waste and creating a unique mix of colours. There are single colour options available if you prefer, and at time of writing this Del Dia option isn’t listed on the UK site – though it is available in the USA.
Members Only content continues…
You could join them and open up this and countless other articles and reviews from just £0.06/day!
All members get..
- Exclusive members only content
- Digital back issues
- New issues via iOS/Android App
- Ad free website
- Merch discounts
- Downloads, GPX files, PDFs, iBooks
Print+ members also get..
Next available print copy of Singletrack magazine posted to you. Each issue contains 148 pages of perfect ride inspiration, opinion, adventure and reviews.
- or £3.99/ month
- Direct Debit or Card
A message from all of us at Singletrack magazine
We need your help
For over 20 years Singletrack has been a source of information, news and entertainment for millions of mountain bike enthusiasts and as an important focal point for an amazing community of like minded riders from around the world. But it has also been a provider of jobs and income for dozens of families of our team as well as a source of revenue for hundreds of freelance contributors.
We want to keep going through this uncertain period and create great content to inform and entertain you, but we will need your help to do it. More than anything else we want to have a reciprocal relationship with you and the best way to make that happen is through our memberships. We’d love you to join us as a paid member of the Singletrack community – we promise you a return on your investment through the content we have and will create for you.
|Tested:||by Hannah for two flights/four planes/one return trip!|
Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.
Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.