UK availability only.
Designed in the deserts of Arizona, the Pivot Trail 429 gets an update – head this way for a sprinkling of dust, sunshine, and a turn of speed. No, wait, to save us all going green with envy – or maybe to show us it’s a bike that’s happy in a variety of settings – Pivot has shot the press images on Orcas Island in the Pacific Northwest, complete with rain. Slither this way…
“We’ve pushed the limits of the New Trail 429 to make a bike even more capable for both aggressive trail riders and those who are looking for the utmost efficiency and pedaling performance out of their trail bike. We designed the Trail 429 to thrive in rough, technical terrain, so we really worked on getting the suspension and handling dialed for the limits being pushed by modern riders. This is the most capable 120mm-travel suspension on the market. At the same time, with the flip-chip adjustability and aggressive weight reduction in the frame, the new Trail 429 also makes for an amazing endurance racer.”Pivot’s founder and CEO, Chris Cocalis.
The Pivot Trail 429 is 120mm carbon fibre full suspension bike, first launched back in 2018. This latest Pivot Trail 429 has a slightly slackened the head angle, increased the reach, and now comes with a flip-chip to allow fine tuning of the geometry toward either ‘rowdy’ or ‘racy’. Pivot’s proprietary Hollow Core carbon frame construction has shaved off more than 300 grams from the frame.
The dw-link suspension has been reworked, so the 120mm travel comes from a metric, trunnion mount shock and a more progressive linkage – giving improved pedaling efficiency and more capability in big hits. The design promises a more bottomless feel and allows for a greater range of tunability.
The Trail 429 combines rocketship pedaling performance with a plushness that genuinely feels like more travel than the numbers indicate. Is it possible for a bike to be both razor sharp and butter smooth? Yes. The Trail 429 is proof.Pivot Cycles
Pivot 429 Trail Updates
- Refined geometry exemplifies the pinnacle of modern race-to-trail performance
- New, more progressive dw-link® prioritizes pedaling efficiency yet still rewards riders with plush, controlled travel
- 120mm rear suspension travel featuring a vertically trunnion mounted high-volume air shock delivers unprecedented comfort and tunability
- Flip chip adjustability allows riders to tailor geometry for either spirited all-round handling or a more progressive and rowdy demeanor
- Hassle-free, full-length, internal cable routing with Pivot’s easy to service and ultra-quiet Pivot Cable Port System
- Fits riders between 4’11” and 6’7” with X-Small to -XLarge size offerings.
- Pivot Tool Dock system compatible with mounts under the top tube and integrated into the underside of the frame.
UK distributor Upgrade Bikes will have the Trail 429 29″ Pro XT/XTR Enduro build in stock in April at a cost of £7,150. Frame, fork and crank packages are expected in the summer, and other specs listed on the main Pivot site can be placed as a special order.
Singletrack Sponsored Features
Featured Premier Partner
Meanwhile, in the forum..
If you like what we do - if you like our independence then the best way to support us is by joining us. Every penny of your membership goes back into Singletrack to pay the bills and the wages of the people who work here. No shareholders to pay, just the people who create the content you love to read and watch.