We’re getting pretty deep into the offseason now & we wanted to try & shine a light on a few issues in the sport. The first show is about increasing participation from women, particularly when it comes to racing.
What role do national federations play? What about the brands – is it up to them to decide to spend their budgets differently? Which teams are leading the way – and which are dragging their feet? What about that reality TV show – is spending marketing money on content creation doing a disservice to the development of existing riders? Should teams be required to have at least one female rider?
We think you’ll be pretty shocked to hear some of the situations that female (and lesser funded male) pro riders face. Would you do your job for expenses only? Hmm…
Joining the discussion are Emilie Siegenthaler, Becky Cook & Martha Gill.
Emilie Siegenthaler Gallery
Credit: Boris Beyer
Becky Cook Gallery
Credit: Brian Gerow
Martha Gill Gallery
Credit: Andy Lloyd
Social stuff if you’d like to follow:
The Making Up The Numbers podcast is sponsored by:
- Hope Technology www.hopetech.com @hopetech
- Revolution Bike Park www.revolutionbikepark.co.uk @revolutionbp
- Schwalbe www.schwalbe.com @schwalbetyresuk
- Singletrack www.singletrackworld.com @singletrackmag
Previously on Making Up The Numbers Podcast
- Episode 12 | Tracey Hannah and Matt Walker
- Episode 11 | World Champsionship Review with Camille Balanche, David Trummer and Dan Slack
- Episode 10 | World Cup Preview with Greg Williamson, Vali Höll and Dan Slack
- Episode 9 | Greg Minnaar, Jordi Cortes and Rob Przykucki
- Episode 8 | Gee Atherton
- Episode 7 | Simon Burney, Nina Hoffmann, Andrew Shandro & Jonny Thompson
- Episode 6 | Vali Höll and Thibaut Dapréla
- Episode 5 | Tahnée Seagrave
- Episode 4 | Charlie Hatton, Joe Breedon, Alan Millway
- Episode 3 | Laurie Greenland
- Episode 2 | Danny Hart
- Episode 1 | Matt Simmonds and Todd Schumlick
- Episode 7 | Adam Brayton and Dan Bladon
- Episode 6 | Reece Wilson & Kade Edwards
- Episode 5 | With Matt Walker
- Episode 4 | With Joe Smith
- Episode 3 | With Will Longden
- Episode 2 | With Jack Reading
- Episode 1 Part 1 | With Joe Breeden
- Episode 1 Part 2 | With Chris Porter
Try Singletrack digital membership for only 99p for the first month.
Or only £2.99 with a copy of the latest Singletrack magazine, worth £10.