Regular readers of Singletrackworld.com will be familiar with this time of year. A Christmas themed set is built (I think we can all agree it has improved in quality over the years). Singletrack staff prepare to humiliate themselves on camera, often in a variety of unusual outfits (this is not that different to the rest of the year, to be totally honest). Scripts are forgotten, many takes are taken (thank God the days of doing it live are behind us), and batteries die quietly during perfect takes.
All of this is in the name of our giant giveaway of daily prizes and The Megasack grand finale.
When does it start?
The first daily prize story will be posted on 30th November, and there will be a daily prize throughout December.
How does it work?
Each day, we feature a product which can be won. There’s a video you need to watch to be able to answer the question, and a story on Singletrackworld.com to go with it where you will find the entry form. You have until the following day to watch the video and answer the question to be entered into the prize draw.
It is free to enter, all you need to do is log into Singletrackworld.com to reveal the entry form in the daily story, and enter your answer there. You can only enter each day’s draw once.
Answering the daily question gives you two chances to win: you’ll be entered into the daily draw for that day’s prize; and you’ll also get one entry into the Megasack draw. Don’t worry, the daily question won’t be difficult, we’re just checking you’re paying attention/not a robot.
Every time you correctly answer a daily question and enter a daily draw, you get another entry into the Megasack. You can go back and enter the daily answers after that daily prize has been drawn, and it will still give you an extra entry into the Megasack draw.
What is the Megasack?
The Megasack is the final grand prize, drawn after all the daily draws are finished. It contains one of everything that we have given away in the daily prizes, which this year will be worth a total of nearly £6,000. It isn’t actually a sack. That would be quite impractical. There’s a lot of stuff. Previous Megasack winners have chosen to come to visit us at the office, collect their winning, join us for a ride, or just drink our coffee. We’d like to be able to do that again, but given the whole pandemic shizzle, we might have to just play that bit by ear right now. Are there any instruments that are played by ear?
What is in the Megasack this year?
Since cycling is incredibly popular right now, supply chains are stressed, and things do get tangled up in the post, we’re not going to promise that absolutely precisely everything listed here will be exactly the thing that is in the daily draw or the Megasack, but this is a very close approximation of what will be available. And hey, if you win something for nothing, that’s a pretty good deal, right? It’s not like we’re going to send you a large poisonous snake (if that happens, we apologise, and blame Charlie for having the heating too high).
- Proper Cleaner by Guy Martin cleaner, fender and merch bundle
- Kona Wah Wah 2 Pedals, grips, espresso cups, metal cup, workshop apron and workshop floor mat
- Stan’s No Tubes DART (Dual Action Repair Tool) tubeless repair tool
- Continental Der Baron Projekt 2.4 tyres x 2, tubeless kit, MTB shorts and MTB jersey
- Camelbak M.U.L.E backpack
- LOOK Trail Roc Flat Pedal
- Bell Super Air R Helmet
- Niterider Lumina 1800 Dual Beam Front Light and Sabre 110 Rear Light
- Hiplok E-DX Chain & U-Lock Combo
- EVOC Stage Hydration Pack 6L + 2L Bladder
- Alpinestars Vector Pro Helmet
- Panaracer Aliso 29″ and Romero 29”
- Deity DEFTRAP Pedals and SUPRACUSH Grips
- Giro Source MIPS Helmet
- Park Tool AK-5 tool kit
- Shimano MW7 winter boots
- Dynaplug Megapil
- Pearl iZUMi kit bundle (jacket, trousers, shorts, elbow and knee pads)
- milKit tubeless bundle (Booster, tubeless conversion kit, extra tubeless tape, extra sealant)
- Shimano AM9 shoes
- ERE Research bar tape and end plugs
- Lezyne Digital Pressure Overdrive pump, CNC Tubeless Drive, Tool Insert Kit and Classic Brass Bell
- DMR V11 pedal in black, DMR 25th saddle, DMR Deathgrip thin
- Thomson Elite Stem 35mm X4 Black and Elite 35 Handlebar 10 x 800
- Effetto TyreInvader “55” pair (Rim ext 27-35mm Tyres 2.25-2.6), Caffelatex 1000ml (x2), Caffelatex Latex Injector, Caffelatex Tubeless Valve 40mm , Vitamina CL 200ml, Tappabuco 1,5 + 3,5 KIT, Caffelatex ZOT Nano 10ml, Espresso Doppio 125ml
- TRP Slate T4 Evo brake and TRP 33 2 piece slotted rotors (180mm)
- Squire Inigma D-Lock
- TSG Scope MIPS helmet Drop Rain Jacket Drop Rain Pants
- HT T1 Pedals Oil Slick
- Brand-X Ascend XL Post, 200mm, 30.9mm diameter.
- Leatt DBX 1.0 Helmet
Are there any restrictions?
You must have a Singletrackworld.com login to access the entry form (it’s free, just sign up here). You can only enter once each day – but your login will see to that automatically. We can only deliver prizes to UK addresses, so if you live abroad and win a prize, you’ll have to be able to provide us with a UK postal address if you want to claim it.
Winners will be revealed on Singletrackworld.com and contacted by email. If we fail to get hold of you despite our best efforts, we may choose to reallocate the prize to another entrant.
I’m excited! What should I do now?
If it’s not yet 30th November, you should make sure that you have a Singletrackworld.com registration, and that you can still access the email address you have linked to your account. Get your house in order in case you win! Done that? Go and work off some of your excitement on a nice bike ride.
If it’s after 30th November, get your house in order as above, but before you go out on that bike ride, go back and enter any daily draws you might have missed – each one gives you an extra chance to win the Megasack.
We hope you get lucky – we’d love to hear from you if you do win a prize. Tag us on social media and show off your prize and winning smile.