We have a 2020 MTB World Cup season on the horizon! Joining George & Jack to discuss it are the UCI’s Simon Burney, Nina Hoffmann, Trek Factory Racing’s Andrew Shandro & Fit 4 Racing’s Jonny Thompson!
Last week the UCI released a revised 2020 Downhill World Cup calendar which kicks off in Lenzerheide on the 5th of September and finishes in Lousa on the 1st November. It’s a five venue, seven race series with double headers at the final two rounds in Maribor & Lousa. Then, in the middle of all that there’s also World Champs in Leogang.
In total it’s eight races in eight weeks.
In the podcast Jack Reading George talk to the UCI’s Simon Burney, Nina Hoffmann, Trek Factory DH Team Manager Andrew Shandro & Fit 4 Racing’s Jonny Thompson to get their thoughts, looking at everything from logistics to fitness.
Here’s a more detailed look at those dates.
The season starts on the 5-6 September in Lenzerheide, Switzerland, then we head straight to Val di Sole the following weekend (12-13 September), then it’s on to Les Gets (19-20 September). Three races in three weeks and then a week off – breathe everyone!
World Champs is the following weekend 5th – 11th October in Leogang. The following weekend after that is Maribor and it’s a double header, two races on one weekend 15-18 October
Then there’s a week off before the final venue, another double header in Lousa.
Listen to the podcast to find out more about how the season will run, and the new challenges it offers up.
You can listen to the chat about the 2020 MTB World Cup below or, watch the video of the podcast here:
Countdown to membership cut off for the next print issue of Singletrack World Magazine
Social stuff if you’d like to follow:
The Making Up The Numbers podcast is sponsored by:
- Hope Technology www.hopetech.com @hopetech
- Revolution Bike Park www.revolutionbikepark.co.uk @revolutionbp
- Schwalbe www.schwalbe.com @schwalbetyresuk
- Singletrack www.singletrackworld.com @singletrackmag
Previously on Making Up The Numbers Podcast
- Episode 6 | Vali Höll and Thibaut Dapréla
- Episode 5 | Tahnée Seagrave
- Episode 4 | Charlie Hatton, Joe Breedon, Alan Millway
- Episode 3 | Laurie Greenland
- Episode 2 | Danny Hart
- Episode 1 | Matt Simmonds and Todd Schumlick
- Episode 7 | Adam Brayton and Dan Bladon
- Episode 6 | Reece Wilson & Kade Edwards
- Episode 5 | With Matt Walker
- Episode 4 | With Joe Smith
- Episode 3 | With Will Longden
- Episode 2 | With Jack Reading
- Episode 1 Part 1 | With Joe Breeden
- Episode 1 Part 2 | With Chris Porter