Following on from rumours earlier this year, UK downhiller Matt Simmonds has announced he’s taking a step away from world cup racing this year to focus on the British National scene and his new venture ProLine MTB. Full press release below.
Over a decade of World Cup Racing
Matt raced downhill professionally for 14 years with some of the top teams on the circuit. During his downhill career he was a regular in the world cup top 20, with a career highlight of a 2nd place podium finish in Méribel. He’s also competed for Great Britain in the World Championships six times.
“Racing is still my passion”
Matt’s not completely stepping away from racing. He still plans to be competitive at British Downhill and Enduro races, plus other select events. He’ll be racing on Privateer’s new 161 and will be supported by Hunt Bike Wheels, Shimano UK, Royal Racing, 7 Protection with their new Project 23 helmet, Mudhugger, Kindgud Cleaning Products, and J-TECH suspension.
- NBD: Radical All Mountain Chilli Dog, Ribble Gravel 725, Cotic Solaris…
- Megasack Giveaway Day 6: Maxxis Shorty Gen 2 Tyres
- Midweek Movies from Cannondale and Transition
- Tailfin Alloy AeroPack – The Fastest Frame Storage
- Megasack Giveaway Day 5: Lazer Jackal KinetiCore Helmet
An Experienced Coach
Matt is a CTC qualified skills instructor with over 10 years of coaching experience. He is passionate about helping riders progress and have more fun on their bikes. His new venture ProLine mountain bike coaching will offer riders the chance to learn from Matt though group or one-to-one coaching days. He’ll also work with the Roots program and Royal Racing to mentor up and coming racers.
Upcoming Courses Include:
- Intro to the park – Get familiar with Revolution Bike Park
- Young Riders Race Prep – Specially tailored for under 18s
- Plus 3 Revo Sessions – Coaching with Matt Simmonds, Will Soffe and Alan Milway
- Tech – Steep and technical terrain with jumps and drops
- Cornering Clinic – Build confidence and speed
- 2020 is looking like even more fun on two wheels.
For more information about Proline and to book a spot, head over to the website here.
Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.
Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.