Nukeproof has announced details of an ultra limited edition Nukeproof Mega 290 WORX bike built up with some of the best kit on the market.
If you’re a fan of the original Nukeproof Mega with brushed alloy finish then you’re going to love this 2019 bike that uses inspiration from that 2012 model.
Named the Nukeproof Mega 290 WORX, this limited edition bike features the type of kit that most of us would choose when building up our dream bikes. The WORX bike comes fitted with an EWS winning Lyrik, and Super Deluxe Ultimate coil shock bot in red to match the red decals that jump out form the brushed finished alloy.
SRAM’s X01 drivetrain is present for wide range Eagle action, and a set of powerful Code R brakes are bolted on for confident stopping power. MRP and Michelin are also represented in the build along with some choice kit from Nukeproof’s own Horizon range of components.
Nukeproof has also boosted the front end suspension travel to 170mm over the standard 160mm that we find on other versions of this 29er enduro bike.
Nukeproof Mega 290 Worx specification
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 290, Triple butted hydroformed Aluminium, brushed finish
- Fork: Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate Charger 2 RC 170mm, 51mm offset, debonair, Boxxer red
- Shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT coil, ml1 custom tune, 210x55mm (medium=400lbs spring/large=450lbs spring/xl=500lbs spring red coil spring)
- Front wheel: DT Swiss EX 1501 spline one, 29”, 15x110mm
- Rear wheel: DT Swiss EX 1501 spline one, 29”, xd, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Michelin Wild Enduro 29” x 2.4, gum -x ts tlr
- Crankset: Sram Descendant carbon eagle 12-speed, 170mm, 30t, b148, dub
- Shifter: Sram xo1 eagle 12-speed red
- Rear deraileur: Sram xo1 eagle 12-speed red
- Chain: Sram GX eagle 12-speed
- Cassette: Sram CS XG 1295 eagle 12-speed, 10-50t
- Chain guide: MRP AMG v2, 26-32t, iscg-05, black
- Brakes: Sram Code R with sintered pads
- Front rotor: Sram centreline, 200mm
- Rear rotor: Sram centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon carbon 800mm, 25mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon 50mm, Black
If you do fancy one of these very special looking bikes then you’ll have to act fast because just 50 bikes will be made available worldwide. Pricing is set at £4499, and Nukeproof dealers should be able to order you one now for delivery in early June.
Take a look at the video below to see what this stunning, silver, sled is all about.