Last year saw a significant event for Identiti Bikes with the release of its first proper enduro bike called the Mettle; a monster 160mm travel full suspension bike. For a small British brand brand that’s previously been known for dirt jump hardtails, was kind of a big deal. With the announcement of the Mettle at Core Bike in 2016, Identiti signalled a new direction for the fledgling bike company. And from all reports, there’s plenty more on the design table that’s still yet to come.
After a long period of development and refinement, Identiti officially released the Mettle in mid-2017, and shortly afterwards we got our dirty paws on one for a full tear-down on our local valley trails. We received the Large size Mettle, which boasts some slack angles and a huge reach (for a Large) of 485mm. So we gave it to our hugest tester and former Tech Editor, Mr Barney Marsh, to see what this new British Brute could do.
Check out Barney’s video review below!
“Identiti has produced a bike that does exactly what it says on the tin – it’s a strong, properly designed, take-no-prisoners enduro bike, with a well thought out geometry and an excellent suspension system. It’s fine on the ups, ace on the alongs and a total hoot on the downs. Our test bike might boast a subtle and understated colour scheme, but the Mettle shouts loudest when it’s ridden hard…” Read Barney’s full review of the Identiti Mettle GX here.
Identiti Mettle GX Eagle Specifications
- Frame // 6000-Series Hydroformed Alloy Tubing 160mm Travel
- Fork // Rockshox Yari RC 160mm Travel
- Shock // RockShox Deluxe RT3
- Hubs // Halo Vapor 35, 110x15mm Front & 148x12mm Rear
- Rims // Halo Vapor 35, 32h, Tubeless Compatible
- Tyres // Schwalbe Magic Mary Snakeskin 2.35in Front & Nobby Nic Snakeskin 2.3in Rear
- Chainguide // MRP 1x V3
- Chainset // SRAM Descendent Alloy 34t X-Sync
- Rear Mech // SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Shifters // SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette // SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed, 10-50t
- Brakes // SRAM Level TL 180mm Front & Rear
- Stem // Gusset Magnum 31.8mm, 50mm Long
- Bars // Gusset Slade Alloy 760mm Wide, 19mm Rise
- Grips // Gusset File Lock-On
- Seatpost // KS LEV Integra, 150mm Travel
- Saddle // Gusset R-Series
- Size Tested // Large
- Sizes available // Small, Medium, Large
- Actual weight // 14.59 kg (32.1 lbs)
|Product:||Mettle GX Eagle|
|From:||Identiti Bikes, identitibikes.com|
|Tested:||by Barney Marsh for 3 months|