Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • zwift users Q
  • turneround

easy one, can you use zwift offline?

zilog6128

You need to be online when you start the app so you can login. After that it doesn’t need an internet connection AFAIK.

welshfarmer

However, you would not be able to see any of the other riders around you if offline. I have a slow connection and sometimes all the opposition dissapears which kind of defeats the object. Also I cannot log on unless the connection meets a certain speed (or so it seems as i sometimes have to do it 3 or 4 times and when I do get on I am alone!)

njee20
    Free Member

Your ride also won’t upload without an internet connection when you finish your ride, if you’re on PC/Mac you can retrieve the FIT file from the Zwift folder, if you’re on Apple TV/iOS then its lost forever AFAIK.

daviek

I was going to ask something along these lines as there’s wifi at work although its dead slow and not available in the gym. Does anybody know if you can start up a training session while you have a connection and still use it when I nip to the gym but then go offline?

sorry for the slight hijack 🙂

turneround

dont worry, all good Q’s

njee20
    Free Member

Does anybody know if you can start up a training session while you have a connection and still use it when I nip to the gym but then go offline?

That’s the exact same question as the OP…

Yes, you won’t see anyone else on screen and you’ll have to manually upload the ride to Strava/your chosen platform when you finish. Unless it’s on ATV/iOS when it’s lost.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘zwift users Q’ is closed to new replies.