Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Zilla Bike – Hong Kong
  • spyke85
    Free Member

Anyone heard of them?

Seems too good to be true, but they have a bike I really want for a crazy price!

spyke85
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Do you really have to ask?

spyke85
    Free Member

We’ll I work for a mail order company that ships the other way and we’re a lot cheaper. Than many places

atlaz
    Free Member

Well let me think, a bike is being sold for 30% of the UK price. Could that possibly be a scam?

iolo
    Free Member

To be safe make sure you pay by Western Union

stewartc
    Free Member

Bikes tend to be 30-40% cheaper here due to a number of reasons, mostly tax related (rather, a lack of any taxes).
    If it helps, I’ve never heard of them.

spyke85
    Free Member

You over there Stewartc?

stewartc
    Free Member

Yep, if I get time later O will check them out, see where they are

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t forget to add on your import duty and vat to the price if it ever turns up.

njee20
    Free Member

It’s an Australian registered domain name, and they’re selling bikes for 30% of UK prices, not at a 30% discount! $3000 for an XX1 equipped Anthem Advanced. Di2 bikes for $1000.

They sell loads of bikes, but absolutely nothing else, they have badly written testimonials.

The photo of their shop looks so genuine too 😕

Here’s the street view of their HK address:
    Looks like every high end bike shop!

warpcow
    Free Member

Well they claim to have won an Indonesian trade award from Hong Kong (I doubt China missed the Indonesian invasion), beating out that famous Indonesian company Toyota as top Hong Kong exporter for 2014. Sounds very legit.

warpcow
    Free Member

Step away from the internet Spyke.

spyke85
    Free Member

I only want a Genesis Fortitude Race in 19″! Been let down by one shop that ‘had’ one and had to do all the chasing to find out when it was arriving only to be told never!

spyke85
    Free Member

I’m interested what stewartc finds now!

stewartc
    Free Member

Haha, the Kowloon address is the same as a bike shop called Bullbike, I know they are legit as I was there on Monday buying stuff!
    Unless the staff there are running a business on the side I would avoid this with extreme caution, I will also send an email to Bullbike to let them know about this, after all it may all be above board, no matter how unlikely.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and they’re selling bikes for 30% of UK prices

So either…
    They got a lot of bikes wholesale and are selling them for less than trade.
    They did the extra production run out the factory and knocked off a load of extra frames and found some groupsets (ie knock off)
    They are just going to take your money and run

curvature
    Free Member

I shall keep an eye on this thread it’s making me smile!

stewartc
    Free Member

Incidentally Njee20s Google street view is a little out of date, next to the grocery store in that image is now a rather high end Specialized store (which is part of the Bullbike group, the main shop being on the corner, 1st floor).

spyke85
    Free Member

The case gets interesting!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Don’t forget to add on your import duty and vat to the price if it ever turns up.

even paying 20% vat and 15% duty the prices are still crazy cheap.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And you only have to pay tax if it actually turns up…

njee20
    Free Member

And you only have to pay tax if it actually turns up…

😆 win win!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

paypal?

warpcow
    Free Member

No, it really doesn’t. These websites appear all the time, looking almost exactly the same (though, tbf, this one isn’t based on a template for a sex toy webshop, which is something), offering the same testimonials (literally, copy and paste them into google and you’ll find they appear on several other scam websites) and fantasy prices.

warpcow
    Free Member

The paypal link on their page doesn’t go to paypal. Usual m.o. is to say they’re having trouble with paypal and you could have you shiny invisible bike a lot sooner if you just send the money through Western Union instead.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Zilla Bike – Hong Kong’ is closed to new replies.