Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Zero stack lower headset on a Yeti ASR 5
  • mrl

Anyone use a 1 1/8 zero stack headset on a Yeti ASR 5? It is a 1.5 headtube so the hope zero stack will fit and reduce it doen to a 1 1/8 steerer but I am worried about the forks adjusters hitting the frame if they turn all the way round. Anyone tried it?

Cheers

bigjim

Yes and mine didn’t, but it might be fork specific. Can’t check as now on tapered steerer and an outy cup

mrl

Thanks. These will be RS revelations. What forks did you run?

bigjim

sorry 2008 Rev U turns, they were fine

mrl

Should be fine then! Cheers

bigjim

I do actually have the old Hope bottom cup and I guess bearing too, if you are interested?

mrl

Is it in good condition? And how much do you want for it?

bigjim

Yeah it was on the bike (2012 ASR5a) for 5 months from March until August, when I got some tapered steerer forks, so it is still in good nick, some of the black anodising has come off on the inner surfaces that contact the frame, and the bearing doesn’t feel quite as smooth as a new one but certainly isn’t grinding like an old one.

Its a black Hope D(low stack option) cup http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemID=SPG240 , http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf

The only thing is I don’t seem to have is the crown race that came with the headset, as it went onto the other forks and I didn’t get a second one when the LBS fitted the new headset cup. These do seem to be available separately online for a few quid though.

£10 plus postage?

edit: I can post a pic or two if you like
    edit 2; the crown race can’t have gone onto the other forks obviously! I’ll see if I can find it…

mrl

If you can find the crown race will you take 11 including postage?

bigjim

hmmm depends what the postage costs 🙂

will see if I can find the crown race tomorrow.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Zero stack lower headset on a Yeti ASR 5’ is closed to new replies.