Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • zaskar carbon
  • mikee
    Free Member

any body got one
    get mine next week ,had a lot of ali gt’s over the years
    thought i’d try a plastic one

Candodavid
    Free Member

Friend had one of the first team models, cracked the top of seat tube where it meets top tube…make sure you have a ruddy long seatpost fitted so this won’t happen…….hopefully

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

rode one a few months back, fabulous.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

chap off another forum had a carbon frame turn up from wiggle as it was on offer at some ridiculous cheap price.

he’s had to send it back as the installed headset was done by a monkey.

mikee
    Free Member

mate owns bike shop so getting complete bike ,expert for £…
    just wanted to know what you think ,not a lot of tinternet traffic on them
    if it’s as good as an ali one it will be a brilliant bike

titaniumtit
    Free Member

If your mates bike shop sells scott then get scale imo as gt carbon has been mentioned not to be trusted on another forum so I recall.

It still looks like a good little bike though but as mentioned above, get the right size and a long seatpost just for extra reassurance.

I can remember the old ones and tbh the geometry was ”not all that”.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

There’s nowt wrong with carbon. I’ve seen a carbon Ransom smashed into ground/tree/rocks and it’s not scratched it. This was on a staff day out with Scott when the carbon Ransom came out.

It’s not as fragile as you may believe. It’s just harder to repair.

mikee
    Free Member

not all that , expand please

aphex_2k
    Free Member

The current Zaskars are tweaked for modern riding and up to 120mm forks

It’s a light fast race frame. Extremely sharp, as the ally ones were.

mikee
    Free Member

i’ve got 2 carbon dales in the shed 95 models that have no ,no damage to them
    the main frames (sv 900/1000) are riddelled with stone chips/gouges
    conversely i have a gt sts that failed at the bottom bracket , the ali part
    scott’s seem to be the mutt’s nutts as far as carbon frames go my mates got a scale that weighs about 19 lbs and he rides it like a bmx/jummpy bike
    never (so far) has given cause for concern
    just wondered about the gt thats all

njee20
    Free Member

Aphex, no one said there was a problem with carbon, just to avoid GT Carbon bikes, and get a Scott instead. A race hardtail designed for 120mm forks? Slightly odd that one…

Filthy
    Free Member

Well I’ve just bought one of the cheap frames off wiggle, its currently being built up as a light XC/trail bike with 120mm rebas. I was a bit concerned about the longevity of the frame so I’ve kept tight hold of the reciept. Cant comment yet on how it rides as I’m waiting on some handlebars to arrive to finish the build. Chose this over a cotic soul and RM Blizzard, just hope I dont end up regretting not buying steel. Having read the post above about the seat tube failing, think I’ll use my long thomson post and not the short gravity dropper now.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

ive ridden one its nice, but id go scott, the new carbon stumpy or trek over that day…..

Filthy
    Free Member

Finished building it today, used the longer post rather than my gravity dropper, I’m off out for a test ride tomorrow, hopefully it wont snap.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Now that looks nice.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

lovely

epo-aholic
    Free Member

<dribble>

mikee
    Free Member

sex wee and all that
    still not been delivered yet 🙁
    that looks hard as

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘zaskar carbon’ is closed to new replies.