• This topic has 27 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by joat.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • YT demo @ FoD cancelled – bike stolen
  • stevied
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUEIGkQg6X1/
    Looks like all of the demo bikes have been stolen, thieving scumbags

Goldigger
    Free Member

Theres still a bike in the pic..
    HTF did they manage to steel “all” the bikes?
    How many?

Hope they get caught and locked up!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Jeez that must be 15-30 bikes based on what I saw last time they were there. That’s no junkie with a bolt cutter.

poah
    Free Member

leaving them out in the open like that was a bit stupid

njee20
    Free Member

I presume they didn’t, but an empty stand makes a better picture than an empty van…

wrecker
    Free Member

Lot of bikes going missing from FOD.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

WTF – so many high profile bike thefts lately. Scum, all of them…how about they get a job and earn their bikes like the rest of us. That’s why I never leave my bike out of view or locked….anywhere! You never know who is lurking by….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The thing is, and we all know it, that’s most probably been done by someone that knows EXACTLY what those bikes are – An MTBer.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Read online and see when the demo is, follow and nick the content of the van. Just needs to be organised rather than a mountain biker

oldtalent
    Free Member

Based on load of bike being stolen + the increased parking fee, I wont be returning there in a hurry.
    Real shame, feel bad for YT.

So why no security guard overnight?

Trimix
    Free Member

Ouch, thats shite news.

Glad I got to the Swinley one, but thats a bummer for everyone wanting a to in the FoD.

v666ern
    Free Member

Hate to be that guy but…thats what 65k of bikes that was locked inside a tent in the middle of a wood. That’s a hell of a big incentive if your that way inclined. Hope they get them back as no one deserves that. Hope they come back again but with a better thought out security plan next time.

SOAP
    Free Member

Would you leave your bike in a tent?
    I think not.

BoardinBob

SOAP – Member
    Would you leave your bike in a tent?
    I think not

I did last weekend.

rOcKeTdOg

All the cube demo bikes got nicked from the PABAC..twice

singlespeedstu

If I’m not mistaken all the Transition demo bikes got nicked from their van in Monmouth when they were doing a demo at the FoD a couple of years back.
    Nothing new then.
    Not that it’s an excuse but it’s a tough old world we live in now and if they were all left over night outside it wasn’t the smartest move.
    Did no one warn them of previous issues?

wrecker
    Free Member

The thing is, and we all know it, that’s most probably been done by someone that knows EXACTLY what those bikes are – An MTBer.

Possibly, but you don’t need to be an WTB-er to know what expensive bikes are. The people that buy them – that’s a different matter.
    Bikes have always been like cat-nip to thieves.

monkeyboyjc

20 bikes apparently.
    Taken from the Gloucestershire police FB page…

Gloucestershire Police are investigating the theft of 20 test mountain bikes taken from the Rolling Circus Event tour at Cannop Cycle Centre, Coleford, Forest of Dean. The bikes had been at the centre since Friday 12 May and are worth thousands of pounds.

The bikes, owned by a German manufacturer, were touring the country attending various bike parks and trail centres giving people the opportunity to view and test new models that are not currently on sale in the UK.

Sometime between the hours of 1.00am and 5.00am this morning, Sunday 14 May, unknown offenders entered the centre and stole the valuable bikes which were secured in a tent on the site.

Police are appealing for witnesses or for anyone who can help us with our enquiries to please come forward. Maybe you saw or heard a suspicious vehicle/s in the area or have seen or been offered a bike for sale.

Please call 101 quoting incident number 91 of 14 May 2017.

northerntom
    Free Member

I think the term ‘secured in a tent’ says it all.

thousands of pounds worth of bikes locked in a tent – you make your own luck in life and whilst i would never say ‘they deserve it’, they are asking for it.

chakaping
    Free Member

I wouldn’t like to be the one who has to attempt an insurance claim on that lot.

Or the one who said “nah, don’t worry – they’ll be alright. Just come to the pub”.

Klunk
    Free Member

I think the term ‘secured in a tent’ says it all.

oikeith

15-20 bikes is a lot of bikes to move, would have to have been a couple of van loads, again suggesting towards organised crime.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Near Bristol, again. Along with Sheffield and Manchester, seems to be a hell of a lot of bike thefts in those areas.

taxi25
    Free Member

.how about they get a job and earn their bikes like the rest of us.

They do, stealing other people’s bikes 👿

northerntom
    Free Member

It’s not really near Bristol. It’s a 50 minute drive, so not exactly around the corner.

Whoever has done this has actually scoped it out, planned it, knows exactly what they are doing and the bikes will likely already be split and for sale, potentially abroad so more difficult to trace.

This happened at a race I was at (UKGE at Triscombe) a few years ago, and I found it amazing that people were quite happy to leave bikes out on show with no locks etc. These days a set of handlebars, pedal, derailleur, wheels and dropper post could make you £1500 on the second hand market, all easily removable from a bike.

jimdubleyou

15-20 bikes is a lot of bikes to move, would have to have been a couple of van loads, again suggesting towards organised crime.

Pretty sure you can get 30+ bikes in the back of a transit if you don’t give a shit about them getting scratched / damaged.

joat

I’m guessing Sherwood Pines is cancelled this coming weekend then?
    It’s a real shame we can’t trust that things won’t be stolen if left unlocked. The fact that we sometimes do is unfortunately asking for trouble. Sunday morning club-run cafe stops are probably the easiest target. We leave several grand’s worth of carbon fibre leant against a wall, but make sure we take a couple of hundred’s worth of Garmin inside… because if it’s not on Strava, it didn’t happen.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘YT demo @ FoD cancelled – bike stolen’ is closed to new replies.