• This topic has 48 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • You've had your pancakes, what are you giving up?
  • benji
    Free Member

I’m giving up chocolate, sweets and swearing. I know the other lads in the workshop are now going to spend 40 days trying to crack me, but I have managed the no swearing for the past two years, chocolate and sweets will be the new one.

Drac

Bog all.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Pancakes.

ransos
    Free Member

Giving up. Did it years ago, actually.

mos

Posting on here.

Edit;
    arrghh bollocks.

Cougar

Quitting is for quitters.

binners

naked paragliding

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m giving up letting convention dictate to me when i can eat certain foods.
    if i want a pancake i’ll have one whenever i want.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’m giving up marzipan, pak choi and crocodile.

cranberry
    Free Member

Believing in talking snakes.

If everyone else who believes also gives up the world will be a better place.

zilog6128

You must be a right laugh at Christmas 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

You must be a right laugh at Christmas

i didn’t say i wouldn’t eat certain foods, i just don’t wait for the scheduled conventional time to eat them.

jekkyl

is this giving up thing some of christianity throwback? what’s it called lent is it, or bent?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Nothing. Last time I remember doing anything for lent I was still at school!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why do I have to “give something up”?

mattjevans
    Free Member

Caviar. Hardship, I know

Drac

Why do I have to “give something up”?

You don’t.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Excellent.

Why do people “give something up” after they’ve eaten pancakes?

bearnecessities

Paying my broadba

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Why do people labour points?

Drac

Choice.

Harry_the_Spider

penguins.

mefty
    Free Member

They don’t, they eat pancakes before they give up something.

jon1973
    Free Member

if i want a pancake i’ll have one whenever i want.

er.. I don’t think you’re going to get the Stasi kicking your door in if you decide you want to cook a pancake on any day except today.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Once you’ve had a feed, there doesn’t seem to be anything worth living for. That’s why I only do it once a year.

Sugar and lemon and sugar and lemon and sugar and lemon and sugar and lemon and sugar and lemon and sugar and lemon and sugar and lemon and sugar and lemon.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Cigs
    Ether
    Free basing
    Smoked fish
    Jellied eels
    TV……..apart from news and sport.

yunki
    Free Member

smoking
    drinking
    masturbation

except masturbation…… and smoking and drinking

Cougar

is this giving up thing some of christianity throwback? what’s it called lent is it, or bent?

I gave up giving up things for Lent for Lent one year. Managed to stick to it as well!

emsz
    Free Member

Cigarettes

again…

eskay

I am going to Munich in just over a week so I am going to acknowledge this special time of the year:

Lent might be a period of abstinence, but Bavarian monks decided centuries ago that drinking highly alcoholic beer helped their fasting.

Starkbierzeit has become such a fixture of Munich’s annual event calendar that locals refer to it as the year’s ‘fifth season.’ The supermarkets are stocked with the strong Doppelbock lager beer brewed only during this time.

The festival hearkens back to the fasting Paulaner monks who brewed the extra strong beer to sustain themselves between Shrove Tuesday and Easter. Today the beer is served only during Lent – but is now quaffed for less pious reasons.

Link

tenfoot

Nah, life’s too short.

I might take up smoking for lent instead

votchy
    Free Member

As I do every year I will give up Easter Eggs 😀

totalshell

for those of you ( and by this i mean most of you by the sounds of things) the catholic church this year has asked us to reconsider lent and instead of giving up something try to do something nice each day.. make some one smile, buy some one lunch, listen to someone with less than you.. so pucker up .. 🙂

tomhoward

Hookers and blow.

peasant
    Free Member

Looks like i am on my own ,for the last few years i give up bread,potatoes,cake and biscuits for lent ,i can lose over a stone come Easter 😀

Cougar

i give up bread,potatoes,cake and biscuits for lent ,i can lose over a stone come Easter

I think I’d rather be fat than miserable.

mikey74
    Free Member

I haven’t had any pancakes and therefore I don’t have to give up anything.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I had pancakes followed by a Cadbury’s cream egg Easter egg and to top it all I will be giving up nowt, will the world implode.?

Cougar

It depends. Was it a new and “improved” Creme Egg?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It depends. Was it a new and “improved” Creme Egg?

It was but to be truthful it’s been around a year since I last had one so I can’t really remember what the old ones tasted like.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘You've had your pancakes, what are you giving up?’ is closed to new replies.