Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Young's Christmas Pudding Ale
  • dannyh
    Free Member

A really random one.

I got a job lot of this stuff a few years back just before Xmas and it went down a storm with me and everyone we entertained over the festive period.

I’d love to get some for Christmas this year, but I can’t track any down, anywhere.

Does anyone know for certain if this stuff is still brewed, and if so, where I would be able to get some?

Thanks in advance!

alfabus
    Free Member

Unlikely to be available at this time of year – try again in December 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Ask them?

http://www.youngs.co.uk/contact.asp
    youngs.ales@wellsandyoungs.co.uk

dmorts

Not being funny but it took me 2 seconds to find the information you asked for from Google

They won’t brew it until closer to Christmas. Look here: Christmas Pudding Ale

Available seasonally. (October to December inclusive)

……

Available in Young’s pubs and Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and Tesco
    ….

dannyh
    Free Member

dmorts.

Yes I know, I have seen this also, but when you try to follow it through from the ‘live’ site you cannot get to this page.

I’m not an internet guru (you might have guessed), but I find that googling stuff often results in a link to a page that still exists on a company website, but they have taken out all the links in an effort to block you from accessing information on products that are discontinued. I’m sure there’s a name for this, but I don’t know what it is!

Anyhow, I’ll use the contact thing to ask them for myself!

warton
    Free Member

surely, you can’t access the page from the ‘our beer’ page because it’s not currently being produced?

bigyinn
    Free Member

If its anything as good as their Double Chocolate Stout, it’ll be very good indeed.

dannyh
    Free Member

surely, you can’t access the page from the ‘our beer’ page because it’s not currently being produced?

Yes, but what if this is temporary because it is a seasonal ale?

It’s quite tricky trying to second guess what their intentions are just by using t’internet which is why I was canvassing opinion on here!

When this stuff came to my attention, I was reduced to conducting speculative visits to supermarkets in the hope that they’d just had a delivery and then cleaning them out. It seemed to be produced in quite small quantities and seemed to sell out almost immediately whenever anyone stocked it! Obviously I can’t really bemoan this as I was one of the people stalking this stuff!

Anyway, I’ll just email them and see if they’re intending to do it again this Christmas.

Now I’ve gone publicised it on here, though, surely my task will be made harder?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Young's Christmas Pudding Ale’ is closed to new replies.