Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • you know when tesco sell their christmas lights for £1-2 ish….
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

well where on earth do they source them from?

i’m trying to source a LOT of white fairy lights, figuring its not exactly the season i thought it wouldn’t be too hard… i was wrong!

on a completely unrelated note, anybody want to donate old white fairy lights to me? 😛

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I know an old white fairy, any good?

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers wallop, checked that site…. i’m pretty disappointed i can’t find some kinda wholesale place 🙁

time to pester friends and families for their chrimbo lights i think!

jota180
    Free Member

Garden centre, maybe B&Q

Rubber_Buccaneer

Have you tried Maplin, they sell a lot of tacky shit.

EDIT, maybe search for string lights.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Garden centres will have packed theirs away by now, ready to pull out again in August – just in time for next Christmas 😉

The cheap lights (well even the more expensive ones TBH) all come in from China (or similar) in containers in July / August. In general they aren’t held in the uk, I work for a chain of 30 garden centres and we have placed our orders now for next Christmas. Our supplier/importer will only import to match his orders, he will turn his hand to furniture or something else for the rest of the year. We sell what we can and then pack everything away in very deep, dark store cupboards until the following year. Suspect B&Q will be similar.

Tescos own Dobbies Garden Centres, so they will also work along similar lines.

Will candles in jam jars work… 🙄

philconsequence
    Free Member

venue restrictions mean no real candles, so going to be stocking up on those battery powered tea-light candles too.

thanks for the info flowerpower 🙂 explains why i’m drawing a blank in my searches!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

CPC always have loads in their catalogues dont know if they are cheap.

jota180
    Free Member
    wwaswas

Personally, I’d phone somewhere like this;

http://www.inspiredbylight.co.uk/white-christmas-lights-indoor-outdoor-connectable-p-17580.html

sayign how many you want and what deal coudl they do – if they’ve got stock they’ll probably be keen to do somethign for you.

martinhutch

Something classy like this?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHRCPmjc7tU[/video]

Boo…no embedding…

TPTcruiser

IKEA!
    We got some coloured lights about this time of year in 2008, wreaths which we untied, sort of leaves and flowers, which we used to decorate a wedding venue and for Xmas since. About 20 ft of lights, leaves and flowers, on a mains plug.
    They do battery ones all year round.

allthegear
    Free Member

I have a string of battery powered red LED lights wrapped around the frame of my commuter bike – makes me stand out in the dark…

Rachel

philconsequence
    Free Member

😀 thanks for the tips and links everyone.

going to keep searching over the next few weeks whilst asking friends and family nicely to see what they can lend.

AdamW
    Free Member

I know an old white fairy, any good?

You called? 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do you look good in heels AdamW… that is the question?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Try seasonal displays up in Halifax.

AdamW
    Free Member

Do you look good in heels AdamW… that is the question?

I think the phrase “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder…” comes to mind. At the moment I”m wearing a check shirt, went into work and now have the name ‘Daisy Duke’.

Not impressed! 😀

Drac

I’ll rummage in my garage if you want, sometimes have old sets in there I forget about or picked up in Homebase when they sell them just after Xmas cheap.

randomjeremy
    Free Member
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘you know when tesco sell their christmas lights for £1-2 ish….’ is closed to new replies.