Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Yeti SB95 – yes or no?
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

mulling over one of these at the moment.

i am picturing one in black with black kashima fox forks, 1×10 zee / narrow/wide, reverb, gold pro ii / black arch ex / thomson and haven carbon bars.

not sure though…

66deg
    Free Member

66deg
    Free Member

Finished with my mulling and did the buying thing , not 29 for me if this is anything to go by the 29 will be an excellent bike.
    Happy shopping.

66deg
    Free Member

hebergement image]null
    Here it is bigger ,one day i will know how these damn computers work but it is not this day.

66deg
    Free Member

herbergeur d image]null
    Having found out how to do the picture thing i am having a bit of practice.

colin27
    Free Member

Given that the alloy ones are going cheap just now, I’d say yes. £500 off at some places (wheelbase for example) is quite an incentive.

66deg
    Free Member

des photos]null
    Last one , hope i can still do it next time.

nickhart
    Free Member

66deg, that looks lovely but your lawn needs a good feed in places!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one, lovely bike, but I would say that. 😀
    Only had one ride on it, but it felt very natural after my stumpy evo.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Was it a Stumpy Evo 29 uselesshippy? How do the yeti and it compare?

chopchop
    Free Member

SB95 owner here, i’d recommend one in a heartbeat. I’ve owned a rumblefish and 29covert in the past and the Yeti is superior to both in all ways. I have it built with fox 34’s, 1×10 Zee drivetrain, 30t wide/thin, hope/flows and reverb so pretty much the spec you suggested and its a superb trail machine.

bails

I demoed one and thought it was fantastic. Less snappy than the sb66 but not sluggish. Incredibly smooth* and very quick. If I had a spare £5k for a ‘posh’ build that’s probably what I’d get.

*I’ve tried a few other 29ers and they all felt rubbish, the 95 felt right.

campfreddie
    Free Member

i did my sums yesterday and reckon i could put together a pretty flash build for about £2.8k

that would include rs revs, reverb, 1×10 zee, hope/arch ex wheels, good tyres, thomson stem, carbon bars, xt brakes and so on.

Chainline
    Free Member

Nicolai Ion15 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

I test rode one but didn’t enjoy it, felt sluggish on anything flatish, was great on the downs though

Deveron53
    Free Member

I test rode one but it had some skinny maxxis somethings. No grip. I ride mine with Hans Dampfs with abot 25psi in. It flies! Tyres are important.
    If you get a Yeti, it has to be turquoise!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Yeti SB95 – yes or no?’ is closed to new replies.