Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yeti 575 frame crack – repairable?
  • tterry

Hi,

I’ve just found a crack in my 2006/2007 yeti 575 frame. It is where the top of shock mounts to the top tube. The crack extends round the side of the mount so i know its not just a scratch. Is this repairable? If so can anyone recommend a company to fix it?

See image below:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5utceiMRwgudzVBSDRZVjljZ3c/view?pli=1

Thanks,

Tim

andyl
    Free Member

I’d be tempted to get someone to try welding it and see how it goes but it will be quite hard to get all of the crack I would imagine.

What size is it? I’ve got a medium here with a broken rear triangle that I’ve lost interest in fixing as a deal on some forks fell through and then I decided to spend some money on my 29er. It’s the turquoise and white yeti colours not black if you are interested?

tterry

Thanks, but I’m more interested in trying to get it repaired as I’ve already picked up a 2nd hand frame to migrate the parts onto.

Can anyone recommend somewhere that would repair aluminum frames?

Tim

mickmcd
    Free Member

If your near sheff ill weld it for you,been doing a lot of this lately

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

“been doing a lot of this lately”

What? Welding Yetis? I can well believe it 😉

mickmcd
    Free Member

No welding broken aluminium things it seems breaking shit is also quite common in Baja offroad truck racing ,one a company finds “a bloke that welds ally” locally …..and bmx’s and broken mtbs ,and gearbox housings…its quite interesting the stuff folks break

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575 frame crack – repairable?’ is closed to new replies.