• This topic has 25 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Yet another CRC pricedrop…
  • Northwind

Anything cool in the CRC sale? I just noticed 30.9 Gravity Droppers for £133, might be of use to someone… Lots of Nukeproof and Ragley stuff discounted to the price it always should have been, some interesting Funn and Controltech things.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

This is a very bad joke as ive just bought in bikediscount.de this morning for £180

Northwind

Sorry chief! If you got a 5 inch version, these ones are just the 4s.

orena45

Got my eye on a Fox RP23 Adaptalogic for my Five. Bargain price ATM but waiting for the extra discount drop over the next couple of days before I decide!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Ow, im speaking about a reverb.. But 😡 £133 gravity dropper should do it 🙁

grum
    Free Member

Seemed to be quite a few fox forks at reasonable prices earlier, dunno if they’re still there.

remoterob
    Free Member

Quite a few of the Fox forks seemed to be £100-£150 cheaper on Sunday, was that before the sale started?

Northwind

There were a lot of Fox forks in the last price-drop sale, temporary drops of 30% which have now gone, so it’s probably that you’re seeing. Looking at stuff I bought (and didn’t buy) in the price drops they actually seem to be pretty honest- the DH top I bought bounced back up to a sale price but still well more than I paid for it frinstance.

Mackem
    LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Got my eye on a Fox RP23 Adaptalogic for my Five. Bargain price ATM but waiting for the extra discount drop over the next couple of days before I decide!

I wouldn’t. I had one from the last sale and slapped it on my SC Blur LT. It felt a lot worse, so I put the old, original RP23 back on! Deal, or no deal?

zilog6128

I wouldn’t. I had one from the last sale and slapped it on my SC Blur LT. It felt a lot worse, so I put the old, original RP23 back on! Deal, or no deal?

Would the adaptalogic work better on a single pivot bike? I hope so, cos I’ve just ordered one for my Superlight! I have a bog standard RP23 at the moment but it needs servicing so I guess I’d be looking at about £100 for that inc postage. The one I’ve just bought is adaptive logic/boost valve/kashima coat for £180 (plus I now have a spare for emergencies!)

godzilla
    Free Member

Would the adaptalogic work better on a single pivot bike? I hope so, cos I’ve just ordered one for my Superlight!

it’s unlikely to have the correct tune for your bike but you can get it tuned for £35-£40, is yours a Mid-mid?

orena45

Should’ve waited til tomorrow, the shock will be another £30 cheaper!

I emailed CRC a few days and the 190 x 50mm shock is med/med tune with 200 BV. The other one is low/low, 175 BV.

Felcham – in what way was it worse? Was it the same tune as the one you replaced it with?

zilog6128

possibly, but out of three different sizes that were available yesterday there were only two today! Didn’t want to miss out! I suppose I could just buy another one tomorrow if they’re still in stock and then send todays back?

it’s unlikely to have the correct tune for your bike but you can get it tuned for £35-£40, is yours a Mid-mid?

Current one is low/high. I’ve not had a shock custom tuned before, but it sounds like it’s a good idea as you can get it tuned to your weight/riding style as I understand it so I’ll probably get that done.

teethgrinder

Gutted there’s no 165x38mm RP23’s – bargain if you have a 190 or 200mm shock!

martinhurton
    Free Member

I bought a BB7 Disc and Mavic front wheel from them in a sale three weeks ago.

Now they are “on sale” for signficantly more than I paid. Shame, I was maybe going to do what I should have done three weeks ago and buy one for the rear 🙄

zelak999
    Free Member

Looking at some blackspire chain rings but its only the dodgy colours that are discounted.

zilog6128

Yep, £30 cheaper today and they’re still in stock! I assume I’m OK to buy another one and send the other one (which has just arrived!) back?

godzilla
    Free Member

I assume I’m OK to buy another one and send the other one (which has just arrived!) back?

Yep, Work the system.

wwaswas

I sent some Revalations back when they dropped the price by £60 2 days after they arrived

alpin
    Free Member

wow?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=90530

i’m waiting for mr. postman to turn up with my order…. stupidly ordered some goodridge hose, but wasn’t aware that i need goodridge specific connectors. the postage to germany means it isn’t worth ordering them.

orena45

Right, I’m getting me one of them shocks then, still 295 units in stock at the moment though so unless some entrepreneur bags the lot of them, there should be plenty to go around!

darkslider
    Free Member

Well I couldn’t contain myself yesterday and was worried they’d be out of stock, so bought the Ultegra chainset for the road bike at £54. Pleased I bought them yesterday and didn’t wait for the final price drop as they were out of stock in all sizes when I checked this morning!

Bolt

How do you see stock levels at crc?

skids
    Free Member

if you put a 1000 in your basket and update quantity it tells you the max amount, don’t know how accurate it is though

gazc
    Free Member

756 rp23’s in 215x63mm sizing at £110. fill yer boots!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Yet another CRC pricedrop…’ is closed to new replies.