Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Yale wireless alarm – bike storage security
  • Tinners

Seems to be the season for garage break ins. My brother’s looking at a DIY fit system to protect the garage on his new house. Mainly to protect his bike, tools, lawnmower etc. He’s looking at door sensor and an optional pet friendly PIR to stop rodent setting it off. Anyone used these? Any good? Do the pet friendly PIRs work in a garage environment? Sounds too easy to be true but apparently simple diy fitting and it’ll even call you on your mobile if set off (simple but necessary because he’s asked me to help him fit it!). I’m a bit less enthusiastic about it because the alarm system (£130) is probably worth more than his 10 year old bike, but he says he’s thinking ahead when it’ll store more stuff. Thanks in advance for any alternative suggestions about locks etc, but it’s specifically advice about the alarm that we’re looking for.

windyg
    Free Member

I have one fitted to my house with pet friendly sensors, our cat has never set them off. Fitting wise, very easy they come with a manual plus a DVD, you can set which doors trigger straight away like garages and sheds or have delays for entrance doors, away and home modes, for example when I set ours at night the doors, windows, workshop and shed are active but the PIR’s in the house are off.
    Range is good I have a couple of PIR’s in the bike lockup and workshop which are remote from the house.
    Even with an alarm I would still have a secure shed/garage plus locks etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Yale wireless alarm – bike storage security’ is closed to new replies.