Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Xtr trail brakes, bleed problems.
  • slugrider
    Free Member

Recently I removed my fully functioning XTR trail brakes from my bike, put them in a box where they stayed with the rest if my bike parts for a couple if weeks until my new frame arrived to be built up.

When my LBS went to bleed them though the lever just pulls to the bar? In desperation as I’m racing this weekend I’ve bought new brakes but I’d like to know what went wrong?

Anybody had similar issues?

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Sounds just like they need a bleed to be honest. If they’ve been stored in a box waiting to be fitted then any air which may have been present has probably migrated to the calliper causing your problem.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They can sometimes trap a bit of air, but I’ve never had a set that won’t bleed up. The newest ones being the most difficult to get all of the air out of. Which version are they?

slugrider
    Free Member

@epicbleedsolutions

The new frame needed longer hoses so they were being bled, after a few goes the lever just pulled right to the bar. They said the fluid inside was black and gunky but they’d only been bled a couple if months before.

@goldenwonder

I’m not sure to be honest, they’re still in the shop but will check when I collect them. They’re a couple of years old if that helps?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They’re a doddle to bleed then, no problems at all.
    If they’re struggling with them, sounds like they need to be returned to Madison to me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Xtr trail brakes, bleed problems.’ is closed to new replies.