• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Gunz.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • XTR Rad Cage help please….
  • cjr61

I quite possibly could be being an idiot but put a Rad cage on my XTR mech and now it’s fouling on the 42 T rad ring.

Have i done something very stupid or missing something obvious?

I’ve messed with the B screw but can’t get the clearance. Chain too short?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

dufusdip
    Free Member

It’s a pain but thread the b screw in from the ‘wrong’ side to get more clearance.

nickjb
    Free Member

I thought the Rad cage removed the need for very high b tension. Mine certainly works with hardly any, but its a 40t. Worth playing with though. Maybe you need a goat link

cjr61

Thanks guys. Maybe I’m confused but I thought that screwing the b screw in meant great distance between the big ring and the top jockey? This is the mech arm fouling.

Thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

Just a thought. Can you slacken the bolt into the dropout and rotate the hanger so the mech sits a little lower? That might give a little more clearance

mudmonster
    Free Member

It does look like the mech is angled up a bit, or maybe it’s just the angle of the photo. I didn’t need to touch the b screw when I fitted a rad cage.

cjr61

Will check tomorrow morning but I suspect I might have ballsed something obvious up when replacing my mech!

Thanks all

Gunz
    Free Member

Without my bike here in front of me I can’t be sure but it looks like you’ve not installed the upper derailleur properly. I did the same thing initially on mine when changing to 1 x 11, it’s a simple fix.

cjr61

Something doesn’t look right I agree. Will check and report back!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I be just woken up after being on call out last night so I’m not firing on all cylinders, but at first glance, it does look like the B-knuckle is at the wrong angle.

Looking at the top pic, there is daylight under the anti rotation tab which is actually supposed to sit behind the tang on the drop out. I think you’ve let the mount rotate as you’ve tightened the mech bolt.

cjr61

Just in case anyone was interested the mech hanger was very slightly bent and also I needed a couple of extra links (although that didn’t cause the fouling).

Happy days and more range than….something with lots of range. 😳

maxtorque

pfft, you can go ‘8 better’ you know:

😆

cjr61

It’s my how big it is, but what you do with it!

Gunz
    Free Member

Something inside me is making me feel sorry for the derailleur in the bottom picture.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘XTR Rad Cage help please….’ is closed to new replies.