Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • xt or xtr pedals
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

which ones should i go for- are the xtrs really worth the extra twenty odd quid, dont mind paying the extra if they are worth it over xtr? Weight doesnt seem that much different?

njee20
    Free Member

I'd pay £20 extra, flouride coated bindings and slightly lighter, but frankly if the bike's not particularly tarted up it's £20 you could spend elsewhere and save more weight.

andrewh
    Free Member

Shop around a bit, I got a set of XTRs for £75, can't remember what RRP is, something silly like £130.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I wouldn't. But then I CBA with high end stuff. Other things to spend money on etc.

KT1973
    Free Member

I've got the xtr and cant say I noticed too much difference at first and I was using M535s before but they've grown on me. There is a considerable weight difference too (over the 535s)

druidh
    Free Member

If you have to ask, you can't afford them….

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheapest i have seen them for is 77.95. Dont mind paying 27 quid more if they are hassle free a bit lighter and will last an age, cant wait to get out of the candy c's! If any one knows of boy cheaper places that have them in stock cheaper please let me know!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ps i can afford them, i just like to see if its actually worth the extra as most things these days yo are just paying for the name!

pinches
    Free Member

not much point of XTs imo, just black M540s. May aswell get those, or XTRs if you can afford them.

Garry_Lager

I'd get the xtr – there's not much in it but they last years. A good component to spend money on IMO.

Hairychested
    Free Member

XTR. Why? Why not!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Time ATAC.

Better for your knees and better in mud. Last for ages as well. So why buy Shimano?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

RRP dropped recently to 100… lots of shimano is dropping, xt cranks are 50 quid cheaper than they used to be.

zaskar
    Free Member

I have been using the latest XTR pedals and they have been battered and scratched-I wouldn't sell them and I think it's the best component I've ever used.

I reckon you could get away with XT as new XTR out next year.

Make sure you have crash cash-money to replace bling should you stack it which I hope you never do.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

#
    #
    CaptainFlashheart – Member

Time ATAC.

Better for your knees and better in mud. Last for ages as well. So why buy Shimano?

Priceless. A stw classic post.

cynic-al
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Time ATAC.

Cos you're not right about everything?

the_lecht_rocks

i had a similar Q recently – bought the xtr.
    i also have xt and the xtr are nicer in action / click in / etc.

br
    Free Member

ribble were doing 540's for £30, same weight as XT

but I'd buy the xtr if I had the cash

tree-magnet
    Free Member

XTR. Anything else and you'll look cheap with your "not quite as good as they could be" pedals. Fact.

zaskar
    Free Member

Life is too short and if you can stretch the £20 and you have the cash handy then go for it as you could die next week from a lorry driving your head and the last thought other than having more sex and flashbacks of life and loved ones, would be "I shoud have bought those **** pedals".

Buy the XTR pedals if yu have the cash, life is too bloody short.

fubar
    Free Member

£72 at the moment here (£80 with a further 10% off this weekend) http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=940{2578}9630

tree-magnet
    Free Member

'Course, if you don't have it already you'll have to get the rest of a full XTR set or you'll look ultra cheap for only buying the cheapest part of the groupset.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Life's too short to waste £20 on an xtr logo!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘xt or xtr pedals’ is closed to new replies.