Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • XT brakes or Magura Loiuse BAT brake decisions to be made….
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

DILEMA:

The new XT disc brakes at £205 or Magura Louise BAT with pimpy vented rotors for £220?

Got some older XT's but need another brake set. Sensible bit of me says new XT's so I can stock 1 type of pads but those vented rotors do look nice! 🙂

ton

saints……… 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Magura = Power

Shimano = Ease of use

Which would you like?

🙂

toaster93
    Free Member

XT all the way.

Have been running them for a year now, and no problems whatsoever; just the right amount of power with been thrown over the handlebars. Bleeding is also very easy.

vrapan
    Free Member

If it makes it easier for you you can get the XTs for £180 from Merlin. I'd go for XTs.

theboatman
    Free Member

I can't speak highly enough of my carbon BATs (or my Louise FR's). Only shimano brakes I tried are slx's on a new bike, which I ended up replacing with my older BATs, just persoanl preference on the feel of them. Seeing how many folk rate the XT's on here though, makes me think you couldn't go wrong with either. I just run the SL rotors, the venti disks are pretty heavy, but it was more I didn't like the look of them.

singlespeedstu

I have a pair of Magura Louise BAT's with 203 venti rotors and braided hoses that I might be tempted to sell.

Drop us an email if you're interested.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘XT brakes or Magura Loiuse BAT brake decisions to be made….’ is closed to new replies.