Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • XT 785 brake lever replacement – original ispec, not 'b'
  • iainc

My rear brake lever is a bit worse for wear and I’m looking to replace. It’s the original ispec mount, which one do I need ? most of what I see online is ispec b, rather than the older one

Thanks

iainc

or will Ispec B brake lever fit with Ispec A shifters ?

gazhurst
    Free Member

If you need one, I’m pretty sure I have an I-Spec 1 XT M785 rear (right hand) brake lever spare.

I bought an I-Spec B one because I had to get new shifters so replaced the brake lever

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I snapped one and could only source ‘b’

Had to buy new covers for my old shifters, as a is no longer available and every combo compatible apart from new lever and old shifter.

I have xtr shifters and bought xtr covers, but am pretty sure xt covers use the same metalwork so you could save some cash and transplant the bits.

If you have xtr, drop me a mail as I have an xtr front shifter cover set surplus to requirement.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I think new ispec b shifters will fit either I spec b or a brake levers, but old i-spec a shifters won’t fit the newer I-spec b brake levers.

awh
    Free Member

Useful thread

oliverracing

I had this combo and just cut the tab off, and drilled a hole in the I-spec shifter mount (it pretty obvious what you need to do/cut to get it to fit) – fits great and been faultless for the last 14 months (I broke it on the second ride but that was my fault do to over tightening/stripping he threads)

iainc

I’m taking it this cover will convert the old shifter to new compatability such that I can then put a new ispec b brake lever on ?

this one

oliverracing

yep – as long as you have m780 shifters

iainc

many thanks

iainc

following the link above and the very useful diagram, I have ordered a lever and a set of the ispec b shifter covers, which I hope just screw on in same place as the original ones ? will hang off doing it for now until my clicky lever dies for good though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘XT 785 brake lever replacement – original ispec, not 'b'’ is closed to new replies.