Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Xbox one and Virgin broadband
  • cchris2lou

Recently upgraded to the VM 200 mb broadband and having terrible issues with connection to the Xbox.

According to someone at VM it is something to do with Xbox servers, shutting the connection if it can’t see through some ports?!?

He said to look online for some codes and then update the router.

Anyone on here has experienced the same issues?

People are reporting issues on line but my technical knowledge on that subject is very limited.

jimdubleyou

Used to have similar on XBOX 360.

You’ll need to do some port-forwarding in the router, to the XBOX IP – which you should set up as reserved.

Should be some instructions in google somewhere…

Cougar

Enable UPnP on the router? Should just be a tick box somewhere.

cchris2lou

OK thanks, will have a proper look tonight.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I just connected using the wife password or ethernet without a problem.

I did have to set the V box firewall to medium though.

cchris2lou

It connects but keep dis connecting for split second, logging out of the game. And with a very hormonal 13 year old boy it does create some issues…..

I have also ordered some power lines adaptor to connect with ethernet to see if it makes a difference.

cnud
    Free Member

I had exactly this, took bloody ages for a numpty like me to figure out what was wrong in my case. First I tried opening all the relevant ports on the router (there are comprehensive guides on t’internet) then I hard wired an Ethernet cable, then I changed the ssid of either the 2.4ghz or 5ghz channels on the router to stop conflicts. I then complained and got a replacement router, all to no avail.
    Turned out that the old router that I was using as a Ethernet switch/ splitter and the power line range extenders all conflicted with the new super hub somehow. Took them all out and it works fine and I put up with low signal strength in some parts of the house but have a happy teenager.
    So I guess what I’m saying is, do you have any conflicts? HTH

cchris2lou

Xbox now connected with an ethernet cable via power line . Seems to be working better .

LMT
    Free Member

Mines Ethernet connected that way I get the full bandwidth, mines at 150mb and the Xbox can use the full amount in wifi it only gets as high as 75mb 80mb at most.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

It was the other way round here. The power line adapters gave connection problems for my son’s XboxOne but no issues with wifi. Apparently, it’s really important with FIFA. VM 100Mb, Hub 3.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Powerlines are great. I was worried about speed but running a gb without a problem.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Xbox one and Virgin broadband’ is closed to new replies.