Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • X King 2.2 or 2.4 on Arch Ex 29er rims?
  • mark_rich
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting a set of Xking 29er protection black chilli etc etc for the stumpy 29 er for summer, going on arch ex rims, does anyone know what a 2.4 is like for volume compared to others, currently have a 2.35 Hans dampf on the front which I feel is to wide for the rim, fine in the wet/mud but as the trails dry out and get faster it collapses on the corners unless I run high psi ( wish I’d gone for flow ex’s but that’s another story)
    I know hd’s are big but how do conti’s compare?

rickon
    Free Member

2.4 is more like a 2.29, 2.2 is more like a 2.1.

danti

I’d go for something like a Saguaro 2.2 TNT on the rear, fast rolling but tough sidewalls.

rickon
    Free Member

I’d avoid the TNT for Stans rims – hey’ll be a bugger to fit. The standard folding Saguaro have more than decent sidewalls, better than the RaceSport Contis – not quite as good as the Conti protections.

mark_rich
    Free Member

I’ll try a 2.4 then first, think I’ll stick with the conti protection x king not the race sport, pricey, cheapest I can find them is Evans at £42.

rickon
    Free Member

Check out Tweeks cycles and bike-discount.de

Frankers
    Free Member

I loved the XKings Protections when I fitted them to my Solaris, after 3-4 months though the sidewall split near the rim wall

Now running Saguaro but non TNT which are nearly impossible to fit on Arch Ex rims

mark_rich
    Free Member

Cheers Rickon, never thought to check bike-discount.de, £68 for a pair delivered! Bargain!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Spesh Purgatory 2 Bliss goes on this rim a treat and it’s a blimming good tyre (not expensive either)

jonnyrockymountain

Yeah spesh tyres 2bliss a lot better than conty

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have conti race kings in 2.2 and they are pretty much the same size as my nobby nic 2.35 in volume

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘X King 2.2 or 2.4 on Arch Ex 29er rims?’ is closed to new replies.