Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • X-fusion slide – adjusting travel without an arbour press
  • oldnpastit

I’m trying to increase the travel on my X-fusion slide forks from 100mm to 120mm.

According to the amazing cool and chilled Mike D at X-fusion, you use a special tool and an “arbour press”.

http://www.xfusionshox.com/service/service-videos/481-rl2-fork-travel-adjust

I’m not even close to being as cool as him so I don’t have an arbour press. Is there an alternative?

I guess I can bodge something with a vice?

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, that’s confusing. I’ve now actually taken them apart and instead of a push-pin arrangement there’s just a big flat circlip kind of thing.

EDIT: I wonder if I can just whack it with a hammer? Needs to be done without bending the rod though.

conkers
    Free Member

I know on my slants there is a collar with a roll pin through it and the air piston shaft. I used a pin the same size as the roll pin and just tapped it through with a small hammer moved the collar to the next position and gently tapped the roll pin back in. be careful with the vice as the shaft is easily scratched use blocks of wood.
    All that may be irrelevant if as you say there is a circlip not a collar held on with a pin.

oldnpastit

Well, I’ve moved the circlip by hitting it firmly with my trusty rubber mallet, while supported by some bits of wood. Seems to have worked, but I won’t know for sure until I put it all back together again.

On that – the crush washers that go under the foot nuts look like they’ve been, um, crushed. Is there anywhere I can get some more? I wondered about putting some O-rings in there as well, although I think I would then need the special tool (not enough thread otherwise).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘X-fusion slide – adjusting travel without an arbour press’ is closed to new replies.