Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • X-Fusion customer service. would you be a bit miffed?
  • binners

Because I most certainly am.

My Hilo dropper barfed its innards up all over my frame about a month back. I’ve had it for 18 months.

So, unimpressed, and following Hora’s example, I send it back to Wiggle for a potential warranty claim. Wiggle say they’ll send it back to X-Fusion for them to inspect, and see if its covered by the warranty or not.

Then…… nothing.

So after a couple of weeks I get in touch to enquire whats happening with it. I just got an email back saying that X-fusion have said its no longer covered by the warranty, but they’ve fixed it anyway, and that’ll be 80 quid please?

Am i being unreasonable in thinking its not on that….

a) They give no reason why its not covered by the warranty. i.e.: timescale etc. They’ve just said that it isn’t
    b) They went ahead with it without informing me of this, or asking me if I wanted it fixing

and

c) 80 ****ING QUID!!!!! 😯

to put a new seal on a seat post. I’m thinking of getting out the..

which would probably be cheaper to service

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ask them to post it back and send the invoice

bigjim

yeah that sucks, I would not be happy with that.

BillOddie

It’s not X-Fusion, it’s Upgrade Bikes they have sent it back to.

I went through this almost exactly a year ago. The seal went in the post’s head.
    I sent it back to wiggle.
    And waited…and waited…then chased…and waited…and chased.
    Mine was under warranty apparently and they fixed it but it was away for about 2 months.

Pretty much every Hilo seems to go back under warranty, mine has been back twice.

Should they have told you why it was no longer under warranty? Yes.
    Should they have asked you then if you wanted it to be repaired at your cost? Abso-bloody-lutely!

I would be demanding they sent it back in it’s original condition.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’d be miffed at this, especially that they went ahead and repaired the post without your knowledge and consent. I think that there’s a case to answer there.

Charging eighty sniffs for it is a fart in the face frankly, especially when they didn’t even bother telling you that it’s been fixed and that you weren’t warned beforehand of the cost.

Bombers, pitchforks and hoofs in the slats at the ready.

lunge

I’d be miffed, definitely. I think I’d just refuse to pay and ask for it to be sent back in the state you sent it to them in, the hope being they don’t “unfix” it and sent it you still fixed with no fee.

Speshpaul

Ask wiggle what they think, your contract is with them.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Had a faulty shock pump on second attempt of using which came with my forks.

Guy at upgrades didn’t seem to fussed and wanting proof I purchased the forks which were part of a custom build.

I didn’t bother sending it back in the end.
    They sounded tbh too much hassle…

For once I am going to praise RS and say I still will just rely on that pump which was lucky I found it in spares box as I gave away my old no named one which never let me down in 10 hard yrs or so service.

They just don’t make em like they use to ay!
    Either that or you must be a ten ton heavy thing depending on a hydraulic post. Never good together … ;-d

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’d be pissed right off, completing an unauthorised, unquoted repair that’s c50% of the cost of it is very unprofessional to say the least.

Add in weeks of zero communication and I’d been pretty furious.

I’d be careful apportioning blame though, have I read right that you have only spoken to Wiggle and no one else?

As for the cost, it’s what TF charge too, so it’s the going rate.

I have to admit, I hate being an arse to other people, but I’d insist they return it to me – unless you agreed that they could repair it for £x, it seems pretty unfair to me.

chakaping
    Free Member

The presumption is a bit off, but the price isn’t bad considering most places charge 70 quid to service a reverb.

I think my miffedness would depend how much use I’d had out of it.

binners

I’ve done it all through Wiggle. I’ve been in touch with them regarding my miffedness, and detailing exactly why.

No reply as yet. which is provoking yet further general miffery

Either that or you must be a ten ton heavy thing depending on a hydraulic post. Never good together

They asked me a load of questions when I sent it back. How heavy I was, height, what type of riding, and then haven’t given me a reason why its not covered. If it was ‘coz you is a big fat biffa innit’ that would be an improvement on no reason at all, which is where I am t the moment

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Op did state 18 months which sounds like a good innings and time for a service.

I’ll stick with my trusty thomson.

wwaswas

“Dear Wiggle,

I’m miffed.

Yours,

Miffy”

hora
    Free Member

Thats HiLo off a future purchase list then. Not withstanding the fact that it cost binners – its the TIME away. Everytime I’ve had a warranty issue the company/distributor has been understanding/ultra quick. Two weeks to two months is too long and especially if you have to chase.

My KS just soldiers on and I know come new post-buy time Jungle will be really good with any issues. I wouldn’t buy a HILO or Reverb.

allthepies
    Free Member

#GreggsLife

just5minutes
    Free Member

sale of goods act still applies as does the 6 year rule – so even though the manufacturers own warranty may not stand, the goods still need to be fit for purpose based on the cost / original claims for quality.

If there’s a general problem with x-fusion and the goods were supplied by wiggle it’s up to them to fix them. If they won’t and charge you just pay up and take them to the small claims court – it’s highly unlikely they will want to bother turning up for the sake of £80 and chances are they’ll just refund you.

scandal42
    Free Member

My KS just soldiers on and I know come new post-buy time Jungle will be really good with any issues. I wouldn’t buy a HILO or Reverb

My Reverb has been utterly faultless for coming up 18 months, not a squeak.

The last one was replaced under warranty with no questions asked.

rondo101
    Free Member

Why’s it out of warranty? I was under the impression it came with a 2 year warranty; mine certainly did.

BillOddie

Send them some…

andyl
    Free Member

OPs contract is with Wiggle. Given the circumstances I would say the invoice is now up to Wiggle and the repairer to sort out between them and I’d be telling Wiggle they have 7 days to get the post back to you in it’s original condition.

oh and an explanation of why it is not covered.

hora
    Free Member

Why’s it out of warranty? I was under the impression it came with a 2 year warranty; mine certainly did.

I looked at the Hilo T&C’s and one clause says (similar items to) seals and oils aren’t covered.

letmetalktomark

Step away from the Bombers for now ….

To add a wee bit of balance to this …..

I had an issue with a pair of X Fusion 29er forks.

They were out of warranty so I went directly to Upgrade.

They couldn’t have been more helpful. The forks were sent back to me with new seals (not requested) and with a lower leg service with no cost.

This was during a busy time too with a trade show being on.

Agree with the above sentiment that your contract etc is with Wiggle but it might be worth a call to the guys at Upgrade to see if the facts are all correct.

Its possible that the information Wiggle sent was wrong etc or that Wiggle sat on the post for a while before sending it back.

Ultimately to carry out work and then ask for payment without giving you an option to turn down said work sounds wrong. Again perhaps someone has the wrong end of the stick.

wrecker
    Free Member

My Reverb has been utterly faultless for coming up 18 months, not a squeak.

Both of mine have been great too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

+1 for possibly a Wiggle/Upgrade misunderstanding, Upgrade were spot on when I broke an axle.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m after a dropper. Will give the Hilo a swerve as it sounds suspect as does the customer service.

Thanks for the PSA 😉

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

There’s always one, or two as the case may be ;-D

rondo101
    Free Member

I looked at the Hilo T&C’s and one clause says (similar items to) seals and oils aren’t covered.

That’s unfortunate.
    I had to send back 2 posts (27.2mm version) in the space of 2 years for the same issue as you; one after 11 months & the replacement after another 9 months. Wiggle offered a full refund for the second issue as they don’t stock the 27.2mm version anymore. They were very quick to do so, so I got the impression that they just wanted shot of anything to do with it.

rondo101
    Free Member

Oh and on the Reverb point, I’ve found (4 posts and counting) that they tend to develop the slight drop when sitting on them at around the 18-20 month mark. Not sure how SRAM are making any money on these as each one has been replaced with a brand new substitute each time, but can’t fault their/Fisher’s customer service.

I certainly wouldn’t buy a secondhand one. And I do now have a substantial collection of bleed kits (the 8th arrived yesterday).

seavers
    Free Member

+2 for possibly a Wiggle/Upgrade misunderstanding. It’s hard to know exactly what Wiggle asked for so it may be Wiggles customer service you should be miffed at.

I would be miffed if I wasn’t consulted first though, but it sounds like coms have been pretty bad in your case.

A bit more balance…..I had a recent fork warranty on some Xfusion Slants. I went back to 18Bikes where I bought them from and they were fab. Sent them back to Upgrade. Forks were back in a couple of weeks good as new. 18Bikes were great with communication.

They were in warranty but I did also make sure I emailed 18Bikes stating I want to know if there would be a cost involved.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Upgrade’s comms are really poor. Its a real shame and a big flaw in the Xfusion brand which I really like.

However, I broke my forks through ham fisted **** Wittery and they repaired, for free, even though I admited “Dear sirs, I got a hammer and I broke my forks, please help and then bill me.” – took 4 days (once I got through to them, which took 3 weeks of emails into a black hole.

So I wonder about a mis/none comms between them and wiggle. Either way your miffedness is justified. Wiggle should be chasing, not you.

binners

Well having a look at their website it says that the warranty is 2 years. Having pointed this out to Wiggle, they’ve been in touch to say that X-Fusion have been back and said they’ve reduced their warranty period to a year.

Which is surely a vote of confidence in the quality of their product.

honourablegeorge

If the warranty was two years when you bought, then that’s what you’re entitled to.

Speshpaul

well wiggle sold them to you with a 2 year warranty. So ask them if they are going to honour it or not?

andyrm
    Free Member

As has been said, I’d suggest a POLITE and friendly call/email to Upgrade to ask if they can help. There’s a possibility that Wiggle have been dealing direct with X Fusion rather than Upgrade, who from experience are very good.

As always, being polite and friendly, asking them as your mate to help you out is almost always more productive than willy waving things like SOGA and “I know my rights/Anne Robinson” etc etc.

honourablegeorge

And their Warrany on their website is as below

What is X-Fusion’s warranty duration?
    X-Fusion warrants all products to be from defects in materials and workmanship for two years from date of purchase. Terms and limitations apply. Refer to your user manual for the fine print.

http://www.xfusionshox.com/service/faq.html#q2

tomhoward

If it still says 2 years on the site, pretty sure they can’t, when pressed, say ‘Nah, only joking’ either.

honourablegeorge

I think you show then the website an dthe link, and they say “Jinx” three times quickly, and you’re good.

theotherjonv

PDF their warranty page and then email it to them and wiggle and ask them to either honour it, or you’ll pay and then issue a small claims for breach.

Their choice.

MartynS

Got a Hilo with my new frame. After 5 or 6 rides noticed the black anodising around the seal wearing and a bit of vertical play, which corresponded to the wear I was seeing.
    Took it back to shop who agreed there was something wrong and sent it off for repair.
    It took over a week to come back, and because of work and the shops opening times, it took me proberbly 5 more days to get back to collect the post
    I’m presented with my warranty repaired post in the shop.. The same stantion is on it, it still has the wear marks on it but better than that there’s a Massive dent in it, just by the seat clamp.
    Obviously I don’t accept this and it gets sent back. It takes at least another week for upgrade to make a decision about what I can do.
    I get an x fusion sl as a replacement. Seemingly a better post. I collect, take home and install, which is really straight forward. However when I sit on it and actually use it the compression is really slow, as is the return apart from the last cm or so which pops up.
    This clearly isn’t right so I take out the post, turn it upside down to look at the valve and discover its wet with a red fluid. So I take off the valve cap and red fluid pours out. It’s packed back up and returned to the shop…
    Because of another cock up by the importer they had actually sent 2 posts to the shop. So I asked for the other one, but I wanted it testing first… Same problem and result, red fluid ended up seeping out the valve…

The above is my saga, the conclusion was eventually got a post that worked for a while. It then started to return really slowly tried sorting out air pressure with no luck.
    Binned it and bought a reverb.

After my experience I wouldn’t touch Xfusion stuff.

nickc

It’s a shame the Hilo is such a great post when it works, but it’s got an 18month lifespan before it needs a major overhaul, which has happen to every HiLo I know, including mine.

Exactly the same saga as you binners. Harry what size post d’you need, you can have my HiLo SL recently serviced 😀 it’s a 30.6

Let me know, It’s just collecting dust at the minute.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion customer service. would you be a bit miffed?’ is closed to new replies.